Chapter 41: Will You Be...

(Lily's P.O.V)

It all happened so fast to me. The birds coming out of nowhere, Sasuke slipping on a puddle that wasn't there before, and of course falling on top of Sasuke. After processing what just happened in my head I realized that we're still kissing. I start to pull away, but I get stopped by Sasuke's hands placing themselves on my neck and waist. After he embraces me, he tilts his head slightly and deepens the kiss. My face turns even redder than it was before. After a few moments, I get over the shock and start kissing him back. Eventually though we had to pull away from each other from lack of oxygen. Sasuke looks up at me with a breathtaking smile.

"I've been wanting to do that for so long!"

At those words I turn redder than his favorite tomatoes.

"Y-you did?"

"Yeah. You see the truth is, I-I-I love you! I have for a while now, but I could never find the courage to say it."

Sasuke turns redder than I am while he is talking, but I soon match it when I realize that he just confessed.

"I feel the same..."

I whisper softly.

"Huh, what was that? I couldn't hear you."

Sasuke asks. I knew that he'd heard it the first time as soon as I see the smirk on his face that's still only inches from mine.

"Baka, you heard me the first time!"

"Heh, I know. I just wanna hear it again. Now say it again, but louder!"

"I love you too, okay!"

I say louder, but not quite yelling.

"Good, now I can do this!"

Before I can ask what he means, Sasuke pulls my head back down to his and we kiss again.

~

"I have a question for you, Lily."

"Hmm what is it?"

"Will you be...my girlfriend?"

He asks, trying his best to hide his nervousness. I start giggling.

"H-hey what's so funny? I'm being serious!"

"I know, but the face you're making is so cute! Oh and the answer is yes."

"I am not making a- wait, what did you just say!?"

"Heh I said yes, Sasuke. I'll be your girlfriend."

"Really? You're not just messing with me right?"

*sigh* "Sasuke, I swear you act like this on purpose... No, I'm not messing with you, I promise."

I have never seen Sasuke anywhere near this happy as he is once those words leave my lips. As Sasuke starts pulling me to himself, I notice the puddle moving from the corner of my eye. I pull myself slightly away from Sasuke and look over to the puddle.

"Suigetsu, is that you?"

The puddle stops moving and Sasuke turns his head to look at what's going on.

"Yeah it's me."

The puddle rises and turns into Suigetsu.

"Hi guys..."

"Suigetsu, what are you doing here?"

Sasuke asks while glaring at him.

"W-well you see, Jugo and I were-"

"Wait, Jugo's here? Where is he?"

I cut Suigetsu off.

"I'm right here..."

Jugo says as he steps out from behind a large tree.

"What are you guys- oh boy..."

I freeze and turn red once I realize what they're here for.

"What's wrong, Lily?"

Sasuke asks.

"Hey, Suigetsu, I think Lily's figured it out."

"I think you're right. We should probably leave before you-know-who catches on."

"Agreed, let's go."

They start to sneak away while Sasuke looks back at me with a confused face.

"Catches on to what?"

"That it was Jugo and Suigetsu's fault that you fell, they set this up."

I explain and Sasuke's eyes widen.

"You guys are dead!"

Sasuke gets up, making me fall onto my back and he starts chasing them around. I start laughing at how Sasuke is acting so childish.

"Hey you should be thanking us! If we didn't help, you'd wouldn't be with Lily now would you? Even now you're chasing us instead of being with Lily. You know the girl that you just threw to the side."

Sasuke stops at Suigetsu's words for a moment before running over to me and picks me up bridal-style.

"S-sasuke, what are you doing!?"

"We're getting out of here of course! I want you all to myself!"

He says then starts running off. I laugh for a moment before laying my head on his chest and falling asleep.