Chapter 33: Naruto's Plea

(Lily's P.O.V)

We finally managed to catch up with the Raikage and his two bodyguards.

"We have returned from Konoha, Lord Raikage."

I say. The bodyguard Shee looks to his right.

"Samui... Looks like you've been tailed. Show yourselves, Konoha dogs!!"

Kakashi, Yamato, and of course Naruto come out into the opening.

"It's pretty impressive to be able to tail Samui, I'll give you that."

Shee tells them.

'Yeah it sure is impressing to tail someone who is letting you follow, but that's just my opinion...'

"Boss, the one with silver hair is Kakashi Hatake."

"Hmph, I know that much, Darui! Don't take me for a fool! So are you the Hokage's messenger boy, Hatake?!"

The Raikage asks.

"No... Today I have come to ask for a favor, Sir. Naruto Uzumaki of Konoha would like to speak to you. I was hoping that you could hear him out."

"Don't you think it's a bit rude to interrupt us on our way to the summit, especially without prior notice?"

Shee asks.

"Yes we are quite aware of it."

"Enough... You there, talk!"

Raikage says while looking at Naruto.

"Sasuke, Sasuke Uchiha... I want you to please cancel his disposal."

Naruto tells him.

Omoi, Karui, Darui, and Shee all complain at the same time.

'Good luck, Naruto. Please convince him.'

"I know this sounds super crazy, but this is the only way I can say it! Sasuke's my friend!! I can't just stand around and watch my friend get killed! Plus, I don't want Sasuke's death to become the cause of a war between our villages!"

Naruto yells the last part of his plea.

"Let's go."

The Raikage turns to walk away. Naruto drops to his knees and bows.

"Please!! I don't want there to be anymore vengeance based war!!! With Sasuke, it's always been about vengeance! He's obsessed with it... His vengeance became warped and changed him! He stopped being the guy I knew... I don't want anyone else to become like him! So..please!"

Naruto yells then starts crying.

"We will dispose of Sasuke. You all must hold your ground afterwards!!!"

The Raikage replies and Karui laughs.

"The incident I which you tried to obtain the Hyuga byakugan is still unresolved on our side. We of Konoha swallowed our tears of blood to avoid a war... A war that you of the Cloud tried to start. Do not forget that your existence rides upon those noble sacrifices."

Yamato tells us.

"Right here and now, this young ninja is bowing his head..in his affection for the Cloud and Leaf, village and nation. Lord Raikage, as one of the Kage, what do you think of this?"

Kakashi asks.

"A ninja ought not to lower their heads so easily! Action and power are what ninja respect! Those who are weak get trampled! That is the absolute truth of the ninja world! The Akatsuki shall be named international criminals. Once that happens, not just I, but the entire world will be after the Uchiha. You bow your head for a criminal and beg for mercy to keep your comrades safe. That is not considered friendship is this ninja world! Konoha brat... This even more about what it is that you ought to do!"