Chapter 40: Suigetsu's Idea

(Lily's P.O.V)

"So what you're saying is that I was supposed to be the sacrifice for your sister to be reanimated, and you stopped it?"

I ask.

"Yeah."

"So why did you stop it!? I thought you'd do anything to get your sister back."

"Oh I know! I know! It's cause he- Oww that hurt!"

Suigetsu gets hit by a rock that Sasuke threw before he could finish.

"I did it cause I felt like it, so quit asking stupid questions."

Sasuke grumbles before suddenly stopping.

"What's wrong, Sasuke?"

Jugo asks.

"It's getting late, we'll stop here for the night."

"Good idea. I'll go look for some firewood."

"I'll go look with you, Lily!"

Suigetsu yells then starts running towards me, but Sasuke grabs him by his collar.

"No, I'll go with her. Suigetsu, you and Jugo look for food and water. Orochimaru, you stay here and setup camp. Understood?"

We all nod then go our separate ways.

'I wonder what happened between Sasuke and Suigetsu... They've been like this for a while now. I hope it doesn't last much longer.'

"Hey, Lily! Are you coming or are you just gonna stand there all day?"

Sasuke asks, standing a few feet ahead of me of me with a mocking smirk on his face.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming. Hold on!"

~

"Are you sure this is enough wood, sasuke? There was still a lot left over there."

"I'm sure. We have more than enough for the night."

I nod.

"All right then let's head back."

I turn to head back, but I get stopped by Sasuke grabbing my hand that's not holding the wood.

"We have plenty of time before we need to head back. Besides, I want to talk to you about a few things."

I nod and we put the wood down after he lets go of my hand.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"You never told me how you got your sharingan in the first place. Can you tell me now?"

"You're right, I'd forgotten about that... It was when you were fighting Itachi. I was watching the fight through a bird. It was after you lost your katana and Itachi was about to take your eyes, when I suddenly lost connection. I tried to figure out what went wrong when I felt something wet on my face. That wet substance was blood. I panicked and ran to the nearby river and saw my reflection. The only difference was that I held a sharingan. And that's what happened. I'm sure you know the story with the other one right?"

"Yeah... It's all my fault that happen to you. I'm so sorry, Lily."

"There's nothing to apologize for, Sasuke. I'm just glad you're back to normal."

Sasuke's eyes widened as he looks at me.

"What do you mean by that?"

"The only reason I had left and helped out Naruto's group was because you'd changed for the worst... After you met up with your siblings again, you've changed back, and I'm glad you did."

"You are?"

I nod.

"Yeah..."

"Well why?"

"It's b-because I missed the old you."

I muttered while looking down, slightly blushing.

(Suigetsu's P.O.V)

"This is the perfect chance for Sasuke to make a move! So why is he just standing there!?"

I whisper yell to Jugo who was hiding behind a large tree, while I was under a bush.

"I don't think he knows how, Suigetsu. At least that's what it looks like to me."

"Ugh, this is so frustrating!!"

I start pulling my hair, trying to calm down, when an idea comes to mind.

"I've got it!"

"Got what?"

"A way to get those two together!"

Jugo gets a huge grin on his face.

"You do!? Well what is it?"

I grin as well.

"How birds can you gather right now?"

(Lily's P.O.V)

"I think we've been gone too long, Lily. We should probably head back."

Sasuke says as he goes to pick up his pile of wood.

"Wait, Sasuke, I have something to ask you."

"What is it?"

"What's going on between you and Suigetsu?"

Sasuke raises an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? Nothing is going on."

"Don't lie to me! I'm not stupid, you two have been like this ever since you saw Yuko. Spill it!"

I glare at him.

*sigh* "Fine, I'll tell you. Suigetsu found out about something and won't shut up about it "

"Oh okay, I guess... Sooo what's this big secret anyways?~"

I ask while smirking. Sasuke instantly turns bright red.

"I-it's-it's nothing!"

I giggle slightly and poke his cheek.

"Whatever you say!~" ^_^

Sasuke pushes me away.

"Let's just go." -_-*

He grumbles.

"All right. The others are probably wondering whats taking us so long."

I start walking over to the wood pile when a flock of birds comes out of nowhere and hit me. I close my eyes, bracing myself for the impact, when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist. I look up and see Sasuke's face inches away from my own.

"Are you ok?"

"Ye-yeah I'm fine. Thanks, Sasuke."

Sasuke starts to pull me back up, but slips on a random puddle, and pulls me down with him. I open my eyes again after we fall and see that I'm on top of Sasuke... And that our lips are touching!!