Chapter 17: The Redheaded Warden - Karin

(Lily's P.O.V)

"Were almost there."

Sasuke says as we walk on the water that's around the hideout.

"Can I ask you something, Sasuke?"

Suigetsu asks.

"What is it?"

"Why are you forming a team?"

"I have a goal. And having a team would let me reach that goal faster. Ever since I joined up with Orochimaru, I've been preparing for when this would happen. I have been carefully selecting the most powerful ninja that catch my eye."

"Oh.. So why would you choose Karin? You could do better. Unlike me, she's a follower of Orochimaru. She's the warden of the whole southern hideout where Orochimaru kept his test subjects locked up."

Suigetsu pauses to take a drink of his water.

"Though she claimed that she was only following Orochimaru's orders, she personally experimented on me multiple times. But most of all, I don't like that personality of hers."

"There may be plenty of ninja who are just as strong and far easier to handle. However, she has a special power, one that no one else I know possess."

"That's true, I guess she has that going for her."

~

We get to the door and we find out that it's locked. Sasuke turns and looks at Suigetsu.

"What?"

Suigetsu asks. Sasuke then looks at Suigetsu's sword.

"Uh, you have one too, Sasuke."

Suigetsu points at his katana, then mine.

"And so does Lily."

"Yours is better suited for this task."

Sasuke says. Suigetsu sighs then grabs his sword.

"Open sesame!"

Suigetsu yells as he cuts down the door. He puts his sword back and we walk in. We walk by the prisoners while they stayed quiet, at least until we were gone. As we continued down the hall, someone steps in front of us, making us stop.

"I knew it was you, Sasuke."

"Karin... It's been awhile."

I say, but she ignores me like usual.

"Sasuke, if you're here by yourself, then that can only mean one thing, the rumors about Orochimaru's death are true."

"Uhh hello, Lily and I are standing right here you know."

Suigetsu says, but Karin ignores him as well.

"Well, why have you come here, Sasuke?"

'Wow, she likes saying Sasuke, doesn't she. Looks like he just got himself another fangirl. -_-'

"Sasuke came here because he wants to talk to you."

"And we don't wanna stand out here to talk, so take us somewhere we can sit, okay? I'm tired, I haven't walked this far in a long time."

I say then Suigetsu finishes.

"You wanna talk? Talk, Sasuke."

'Well now she's not ignoring us completely...'

Suigetsu gets mad and walks up to Karin.

"I said we don't wanna do this out in the hall, so just take us inside right now. Don't think that I don't know that you're just trying to ignore me here, Karin."