Chapter 29: Idea Planing

(Suigetsu's P.O.V)

"Can we take a break? I'm exhausted!"

I ask the others from way behind. Karin runs up to me and kicks me in the face.

"We just took a break, you idiot!!"

She screams in my ear.

"What do you mean 'just'? That was this morning! And it seems you're to stupid to notice that the sun is setting!"

I yell back as I point at the halfway-set sun.

"Suigetsu is right. We'll stay here for the night."

Sasuke says as he walks to the clearing in front of us.

"But, Sasuke..."

Karin sits on the ground and pouts. I start laughing and Jugo snickers a little. We both stop when Sasuke turns to us.

"Jugo, Suigetsu, I want you both to go find some water. Karin, you get firewood. I'll stay here and set up camp."

"Fine. Let's go, Jugo."

~

'Now I talk to Jugo without anyone listening! Thanks, Sasuke.'

I smirk and Jugo notices.

"What's that look for, Suigetsu?"

He asks as we walk up to the river.

"What do you think of Sasuke and Lily?"

"Meaning what?"

"I mean, what do you think about them together?"

I ask then Jugo smiles softly.

"They care a lot about each other, and they always have each others backs. But because of Sasuke's obsession for revenge, they'll probably never be more than friends and teammates."

Jugo's smile disappears as he mumbles the last part. I put my arms behind my head.

"I'm not so sure about that."

"What do you mean, Suigetsu?"

"Everytime I ask Sasuke anything about it, he starts turning pink and red! Although he tries to hide it."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Lily's the one we'd have to worry about. She keeps emotions like this locked up around others, but I have a feeling that it's a little different when it's her and Sasuke alone."

"Yeah you're probably right. So what should we do?"

He asks and I grin.

"So you'll help me out?!"

"Of course. Lily had helped me out so much when I was still at the hideout, it's the least I could do for her."

"All right! Now we just need to come up with a foolproof plan!"

Jugo looks at me confused.

"Wait, so you're telling that you still haven't come up with a plan yet?"

I rub the back of my neck while laughing nervously.

"Well you see, I started thinking about doing this the other day after Lily left. Also, I didn't know if you were gonna help me or not."

Jugo nods and picks up the buckets of water.

"That makes sense. Anyways, we should be getting back. I bet they're wondering what's taking us so long."

"Good point. But keep thinking of ideas for it, alright?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

(Sasuke's P.O.V)

I had just finished setting up camp when Karin came back with an armful of sticks.

"Where do you want these, Sasuke-Kun?"

She asks while trying to flirt, it's very annoying. -_-

"Just put them over there."

I point to a random place.

"All right!"

Karin sets down the sticks then sits on me.

"Get off of me, Karin."

"But it's so comfy here!"

She wines. I push her off of and went to start a fire.

'I swear, everywhere I go this always happens to me... Although I'm glad that Lily doesn't fangirl. Heh, I can't picture her being as dumb and annoying as them.'

I finish lighting the fire then sit down next to it.

"Geez! Where are those two idiots!? They're taking forever and I'm thirsty!"

Karin complains as she plops on the other side of the fire. I ignore her.

'But they are taking way too long...'

"I'm gonna go look for them. They might be in trouble."

I say then stand up.

"I'll come with you."

"No you stay here, they might come back while I'm gone."

"All right, I'll stay."

I leave and head toward the river.

~

I'm almost to the river when I hear Suigetsu and Jugo talking. I hide behind one of the trees and started listening.

"Wait, so you're telling that you still haven't come up with a plan yet?"

Jugo asks.

'A plan? What is he talking about?'

"Well you see, I started thinking about doing this the other day after Lily left. Also, I didn't know if you were gonna help me or not."

Jugo nods and picks up the buckets of water.

"That makes sense. Anyways, we should be getting back. I bet they're wondering what's taking us so long."

"Good point. But keep thinking of ideas for it, all right?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

They start walking back until I step in front of them.

"So what is this plan you're plotting for, Suigetsu?"

I ask. They both jump, startled.

"W-what plan?"

"Don't play dumb. I heard you both talking about coming up with ideas for a plan. Now tell me what it's for."

I glare at them with my sharingan.

"Or else..."

Suigetsu holds his hands up in front of himself and Jugo takes a few steps back.

"All right, all right you win. We're gonna come up with a plan to get Karin back for everything she's done to us."

Suigetsu explains. I look at them suspiciously.

"And you're hiding this from me, why?"

"Well, we thought it would be best if you didn't know because Karin might get mad and leave if she found out you were a part of it."

Jugo says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Really?..."

They both nod.

"Whatever. Let's get back to camp, Karin is waiting."

"Okay."

They say and we start walking back.

'I'm not buying that dumb story of there's, but for now I'll just keep a close eye on them so they don't start any trouble..'

(Jugo's and Suigetsu's P.O.V)

'Thank Kami he bought it! Otherwise, we'd be goners!'