Chapter 11: Truths and Lies

(Sasuke's P.O.V)

I've finally got the scroll that Orochimaru wanted me to get. I still wonder why that doctor hates Lily. I'll just ask he about it later. First I need to give this to Orochimaru...

~

"You're back. How did it go?"

Kabuto asks as I walk into the room.

"Here."

I toss the scroll to Orochimaru.

"So this is the scroll that holds the Forbidden Reanimation Jutsu.."

Orochimaru says as he look at the scroll.

"Not being able to bring Shinnou back is an uncharacteristic failure."

Kabuto tells me.

"Humph."

I say as I turn around and start walking out.

"Sasuke, I have something to tell you."

Orochimaru tells me. I stop, but I keep my back facing them.

"As of today, Lily will be your bodyguard again."

'What's going on here? Didn't Orochimaru say that it would be a bad idea for that? Oh well, I'm not gonna complain.'

"Fine. Anything else?"

"No, that is all. You may go."

I turn and walk out of the room.

"Now to get back to training."

I say to myself.

"May I join you?"

I look up and see Lily in front of me. I shrug.

"Why not. You're my bodyguard again, after all."

I say while smirking. Lily looks down at the ground by her feet.

"Right..."

She says, still looking down. I drop my smirk and stare at the top of Lily's head.

'Something's up, but I can't ask her now. We're too close to Kabuto and Orochimaru.'

"Let's go then."

I say as I walk past her. When I'm almost all the way down the hall, Lily catches up and starts walking next to me so we're side by side.

~

"Okay, what's going on?"

I ask Lily once we get to the waterfall.

"I don't know where to start."

"How about why you reacted the way you did when I said something about you being my bodyguard?"

Lily looked around to make sure that no one could hear us. When she's done, she locks her blue eyes to my onyx ones.

"The only reason Orochimaru has me as your bodyguard is so that I can spy on you."

Lily explained.

"Why is he having you do that?"

"He believes that you're going to run away before he can take your body for the reanimation. He wants me to find out your plans and tell him what they are."

"I see... Anyways, what's the story between you and Shinnou? You said that you would tell me."

"Well, it's a long story."

"I've got time. And since you're stuck with me, you do too."

I say while smirking and Lily looks away.