Chapter 39: Sister or Lover?

The picture is Yuko.

(Sasuke's P.O.V)

"Yuko... Is that really you?"

"Yes, Sasuke, it's really me."

Yuko says while smiling. She's somehow been reanimated.

"Uhh, hey, Sasuke. Who is this chick?"

Suigetsu asks.

"This is Yuko Uchiha, my older sister."

"Oh okay... Wait! You have a sister!?!?!"

"Heh. Yes, I'm his elder sister. But before we continue this convention. Sasuke, you must decided on something."

"Decided on what?"

"You must choose who shall live, the girl you're holding or myself."

My eyes widened and I look down at Lily, who's still unconscious.

"Why only one? Yuko, tell me what's going on!!"

"Kabuto and the masked man had set this whole thing up. After you and Lily parted ways, they tracked her down and did something horrible to her."

"They forced more sharingans on her..."

"Correct. After that was over, the masked man managed to convince Lily to go find you. Once she did find you the next step was contact. Do you remember how that happened, Sasuke?"

I nod.

"Yeah. She came over and patted my shoulder before collapsing."

Yuko nods sadly.

"Thus, their plan of killing two birds with one stone worked."

"How is it killing two birds with one stone?"

Jugo asks.

"They wanted to use me as a puppet for the war, and have Lily disposed of for good... And what I mean by that is Lily would become the living sacrifice to keep me here with the reanimation."

"So that's what you meant when you said I had to choose."

"Exactly... If you let go of Lily, even for a moment while I'm still here, she will die. Your touch has started it, and it will also end it. I'm sorry, but the choice is your's and your's alone, Sasuke."

"Wait! Wait! Wait! You can't make him pick between his sister and the one he loves!!"

"Suigetsu, shut up! It's my fault it happened in the first place! Leave me alone so I can think."

~

"Sasuke, it's time. Have you decided?"

Yuko asks.

"Yes, I have."

"Who's it gonna be?"

"...I'm sorry sister, but I pick Lily. She's still alive and I'm not going to be responsible for letting her die by my hand."

I look down at Lily and pull her closer.

'The colors starting to return to her face. Thank God!'

"Wow, Sasuke. Picking a girl over your own sister! How cruel!"

Suigetsu teases. Yuko shakes her head then smiles.

"No, I'm proud of you, Sasuke."

"You are?"

"Yes, after all I've already died. It would be extremely selfish to want an innocent girl to die so I could live. Especially when I'm the one who asked her to come here. Besides, we don't know if I could get out of the masked man's control. You did the right thing."