Chapter 48: Between Genjutsu And Reality

(Sasuke's P.O.V)

​"Madara has started the Infinite Tsukuyomi. This jutsu is so powerful that everyone outside has been hit by it, so we're probably the one ones safe."

"Wait, Sasuke, doesn't that mean everyone outside and Lily are..."

"Inside a dream? Yes they are, Naruto. Until the light from the moon goes away we cannot leave. If we do, then we'll get caught in the genjutsu."

"Yeah we'll have to wait for an opening. In the mean time, we should try to figure out if there's a way for us to break someone out of the genjutsu's hold."

Kakashi suggests.

"But how can we try that? Everyone that's caught in it is outside."

Sakura asks and Kakashi points over to me, or rather to Lily who is still in my arms.

"You forgot about Lily, Sakura. If we can get her to wake up, not only will we have a way to wake everyone up, we'll also have another powerful ally on our side. Is that okay, Sasuke?"​

"Sounds like a good idea. Let's try to bring her back to reality."

~

(Lily's P.O.V)

"Thanks for taking me out tonight, Sasuke, I had a lot of fun."

"I should be telling you thanks for allowing my selfish request to be fulfilled. I did take you away from the others earlier you know."

I laugh as we walk through the woods at a park while holding hands. We end up walking into a clearing and the stars were shining brighter than I've seen in years.

"Look at the stars, Sasuke. They're so pretty."

"Yeah they are. Do you want to sit down and watch them for a little bit?"

I nod. Sasuke sits down then pulls me onto his lap and brings me into a hug so I'm leaning on his chest.

~

After watching the stars for a bit, I look over at the moon and my head starts to hurt. I close my eyes hoping that it would make the pain go away, but it just makes the pounding worse. A quiet hiss of pain passes through my lips and Sasuke hears it.

"What's wrong, Lily?"

"My head just hurts a little, don't worry about it."

I open my eyes back up, but instead of seeing stars in the sky, all I can see is the moon and it's blood red with a weird pattern on it.

"Sasuke, what happened to the moon?"

"What are you talking about? Nothing is wrong with the moon."

I turn to Sasuke and I'm face to face with the Sasuke that I saw in my dream from yesterday.

"Sasuke, you look like the ninja version of you from my dream."

"You're scaring me, Lily. Are you sure that nothing is wrong?"

"I-I don't know...."​

'Lily, can you hear me? Snap out of it and wake up!'

I hear Sasuke yell, but it seems distant.

"Sasuke why are you yelling? I'm right here, silly"

"I didn't say or yell anything. I'm taking you to a doctor, you're acting weird."

Sasuke picks me up and starts walking towards town.

'What is going on with me? Why do I keep seeing things that have to do with the dream I had? It's almost like my dream is trying to tell me something, but if so then what am I supposed to know...'

My eyelids start getting heavy. I eventually close them and fall asleep.

~

(Sasuke's P.O.V)

"Lily, can you hear me? Snap out of it and wake up!"

I yell, but I get no response. No matter what I try nothing seems to work and Lily is still stuck in the Tsukuyomi.

"Sasuke, it's not working. Our only option now is to defeat Madara and break the genjutsu that way."

Naruto says, I nod and carefully place Lily on the ground before standing up.

"You're right. The light is gone now, so let's get going and put an end to this war."