Chapter 16: Rumors Spread Fast

(Lily's P.O.V)

Sasuke and Suigetsu start going down the stairs as I look at Tenzen.

"Sasuke? No not him! Sasuke that killed Orochimaru?!"

Tenzen asks/yells while panicking.

"The one and only."

I smirk then run down the stairs and I catch up with the guys.

"Hey, you're famous, Sasuke. They know your name even around here."

Suigetsu says with a smirk.

"Hn.."

~

"You know.. As long as I have this sword, I won't even lose to either one of you... Maybe."

Suigetsu says as we walk out of the forest.

"Hold on. You guys knew that I was going after this sword even before you freed me, didn't you? And wait... You guys also knew from the start that it wasn't at the grave site anymore. I get it. The one who warned him that his castle was gonna be attacked and got him to gather his men together.. was you, Sasuke? Tenzen acted like he'd met you before, and I don't think that was a lie. Hey wait. Did you suggest that wager just to get me to go into enemy territory with you? Were you just testing me? It was, wasn't it?"

Suigetsu asks one question after another, and I must say that it's getting annoying. When Sasuke and I don't answer, Suigetsu continues talking.

"Man, you guys are terrible. I could've gotten hurt doing that. Well, now I understand what kind of guy you are, Sasuke. And you're exactly the way I imagined you to be. Anyway, I have my blade. So I'll help you as promised. So? Which hideout are we going to next? Wait, let me guess. The closer one, right? That's what you were gonna say. I'm starting to get inside if your head, Sasuke."

Suigetsu finally shuts up. About time.

"Hmph. Yeah, the closer one."

~

"I'm hungry, can we stop somewhere?"

Suigetsu asks again. He keeps asking every ten minutes. I look over at Sasuke and we both nod. I turn to Suigetsu.

*Sigh* "Fine, we'll stop at the town that's ahead."

I say and Suigetsu grins.

"Alright! Race you there!"

Suigetsu yells then he takes off towards the town. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"He's acting like a child."

*Sigh* "Yeah he is. Sorry that you have to put up with it, Lily."

Sasuke says then looks at his feet. I laugh lightly and put my hand on his shoulder.

"It's weird having you apologize for something, especially something like this. Besides, we'll get used to it sooner of later."

Sasuke looks up and puts his hand on mine that's still on his shoulder, while smiling at me. I start to feel a blush coming to my cheeks, but quickly force it down.

"Yeah you're right. Let's get going. You know how Suigetsu is never patient."

Sasuke says then we put our hands back to our sides and start walking.

'Why am I starting to feel this way? Am I falling for him? I think I am, but why do I have a feeling that I shouldn't? Like something bad will happen if I do. I guess for now, I'll just keep my feelings to myself.'

~

"This is so good! Lily, you have to try this!"

Suigetsu says as his shoves a spoon I'm my face.