Chapter 36: Switching Sides

A/N: I'm gonna be doing a lot more large time skips in the next few chapters since I want to get to a certain point quicker. So to start off, I'm gonna skip Naruto and Sasuke's talk/fight.

(Lily's P.O.V)

"Let's go, Sasuke. Lily, I'm sure you know the way back."

Madara says before teleporting himself, Zetsu, and Sasuke away. I turn to leave when a hand grabs my right shoulder.

"Can we talk? We won't try anything, promise."

Kakashi asks. I sigh, but nod.

"What do you want to know, Kakashi?"

I ask.

"You seem like such a kindhearted person. So why are you on their side?"

"Sasuke saved me from Orochimaru awhile back. He treated me different, better than everyone else."

I start to explain. I notice Sakura slightly glaring at me from behind Kakashi, but I ignore her and continue.

"I then decided to help Sasuke out in anyway that I could. But as of late, he's been changing. He's getting colder and darker everyday. Sasuke's no longer the guy I care for..."

I mumble the last part, but Kakashi manages to hear it.

"Then come with us."

"What!? You must be joking!"

Kakashi just shakes his head.

"I'm not. You don't belong in the darkness!"

He says and hold his hand out for me to take. I look at his outstretched hand for a second before looking away.

"I don't know..."

"OH COME ON!! Just come with us already...Ummm...Wait, what's your name?"

Naruto asks while looking confused. I giggle as the others glare at the blonde.

"Naruto! Don't be rude!"

Sakura scolds and bonks him on his head.

"Don't worry, Sakura, he's fine! My name's Lily. Nice to finally meet you face to face, Naruto."

Naruto grins ear to ear while giving me a thumbs-up.

"So will you come with us, Lily?"

Kakashi asks again, still holding his hand out. I shake my head.

"I cannot come with you, but I will help you in this upcoming war. You just won't know it's me. Anyways, I must go."

"Alright, be careful, Lily."

They all say. I smile and nod.

"You as well. See you!"

And with that, I head back to the hidden Cloud.

(Sasuke's P.O.V)

"Madara, where is Lily? I haven't heard anything from her since the bridge."

I ask. It's been a few weeks since I had Madara transplant Itachi's eyes into my own. Now I have to wait for them to fully heal before I can take off the cloth over my eyes and see again. Within this whole time, I haven't heard anything about Lily whatsoever. To tell the truth, I've been getting worried.

"Apparently, the girl has gone traitor on us and is helping the hidden villages."

"What? Why did she go with them!? She promised to help me!"

"I had one of Zetsu's clones keep an eye on her after we left her, and your old sensei and teammates convinced her to switch sides. I'm guessing your little outburst at her shook her up and pushed her over to them. But I do find it interesting that she possesses a sharingan."

"My outburst?"

-Scum like you don't deserve the sharingan!!-

'Idiot! Why did I do and say those thing to her!? I was so blinded by my hate when it happened! It's all my fault that she left... I need to find her and apologize once my eyes heal.'

"Tell me, Sasuke. How did Lily get the sharingan in the first place?"

"I don't know. She never had the chance to tell me."

"Very well. I'm going out, the war's about to begin. Try to behave."

Madara leaves, leaving me alone.

'Next time I see you, Lily. I swear I'll apologize for everything. And if you do forgive me, I'll finally confess that I love you...'

(Lily's P.O.V)

"Samui, wait up!"

Omoi yells as he and Karui run up to me.

"What is it you two? You should be getting ready for the war since it's starting soon."

"We will later! We wanted to talk with you for a bit since we'll be in different squads and we won't see each other for a while."

Karui replies with a smile on her face.

"Alright. What do you want to talk about?"

They cheer for a moment then their faces turn serious.

"What do you think of this war?"

Omoi asks.

"War is something that no one should have to live through, ever. I think it's crazy that only one man could drive everyone into a panic. However, because of it, all the villages are joining together in this fight... Is that enough of an answer for you?"

They both nod. Omoi was about yo day something else when a Leaf ninja told us that it's time to get in our squads.

"Looks like this is goodbye for now."

I say.

"Yeah. Good luck you two!"

Karui yells them runs off. Omoi and I do the same.

'The war's about to begin. Time to show Madara that I'm not the lifeless puppet that he thinks I am!'