Chapter 23: On The Move

(Sasuke's P.O.V)

"Hey you're awake. How are you feeling, Sasuke?"

Suigetsu asks as soon as I wake up.

"I'm fine."

I say as stay laying in the bed.

"Sasuke, shortly after you fell asleep, Lily sent a bird with a letter for you."

Jugo says and I look over at him.

"Let me see it."

Jugo shakes his head.

"Not until you feel better."

"Hn."

'Something must of happened to Lily if she's sending a letter. I hope nothing bad is happening to her..'

I close my eyes and fall asleep again.

~

I wake up to a loud noise, that turns out to be Karin kicking down the door.

"Wake up, Sasuke! We're about to have a lot company! at least eight ninjas and some ninja dogs!"

Karin yells and I stand up.

"Everyone get ready, we're leaving. Jugo, mark the map with every Akatsuki hideout that you and Lily learned about."

"Alright."

Jugo marks the map then we walk out of the town.

"Sure you're okay, Sasuke?"

Suigetsu asks as I put on my cloak.

"Yeah. I've been healing a lot faster since I absorbed Orochimaru's power."

"If you say so... Well whether its the Akatsuki or Konoha, they might have intel on Itachi. Don't you think, Sasuke?"

Karin asks.

"From what you've told me about the number of people tracking us, it's Konoha. The Akatsuki always work in two-man teams."

"Which means an ambush would be a waste of time."

"Exactly, Suigetsu. Just forget about them."

"What will we do?"

Karin asks and I pull out the map.

"Itachi is our only priority. And if worst comes to worst, you three will stop the Konoha ninja. For now, team Hebi will use the intel that Lily and Jugo gathered and checkout the Akatsuki hideouts one by one. Starting with the one that's most likely to be the right one."

I finish and they all nod.

"Let's go.. Jugo, can you give me the letter that Lily sent now?"

"Oh yeah. Here you go, Sasuke."

Jugo hands me the letter and I start walking down the stairs that lead away from the town and Suigetsu follows. I open up the envelope and find some money and a letter. I pull out the letter and I start reading it.

~ Sasuke,
Sorry that I couldn't catch-up with you. I accidentally ran into Kakashi Hatake, and I stalled him so you guys could get away. But he now knows my scent and what I look like. so I thought it would be best just to head to the Land of Lightning and get everything started. I've already let Jugo know everything that I know about Itachi and the rest of the Akatsuki. I'll catch-up with you guys soon. Also, keep an eye out for the Konoha ninja that are trying to track you. They have eight ninja and nine ninja dogs. Good luck and see you later.
- Lily ~