Chapter 13~Apologize!!

••••Please read the authors note at the end of the chapter••••

Connor's P.O.V

I'm so confused about everything right now. Haley never told me what happened between her and Sam. I guess I'll have to wait until she wakes up in the morning.
I carry her bridal style to the car and drive to the apartment. Whatever Sam did it must've not been good since she didn't even want me to drive her home.

(Next Day)
Haley's P.O.V

A bright light shines in my eyes waking me up. I open my eyes and look around the room. Where am I?
Everything rushed back in my mind from last night and I suddenly get a ginormous head ache. I let out a loud groan which is followed by Connor walking in the room.
He walks over to the bed sitting on the edge. He hands me a cup of what seems to be coffee.

"Thank you." I quietly say, taking a sip.

"No problem. You never ended up telling me what happened last night. You really worried me. Wait, why is your cheek pink and swollen?" Connor says immediately.

"It is? Well, I guess I'll tell you." I sniff.
"Last night when Allison spilt her drink on me I went upstairs to go clean it off in the washroom. When I was finished I went to go look for Sam because I decided I wanted to leave and I had to let him know. When I found him he was making out with some girl! It was Allison! I can't believe he would betray me like that! But wait, the story gets worse. When he soon noticed It was me standing there, he came closer to me but I ran down the stairs and tried to get through the door. That's when I bumped into you. I then continued to run and saw.. It doesn't matter.
So I continued to run through the door with Sam chasing after me then he finally caught me. He.."
I choke on my words and my eyes begin to water as I think about what had took place last night.

"Sam did that to you?"

I nod, "He-he.. he slapped me Connor. I can't belive he would do this to me. He's never hurt me before but he just slapped me. I didn't know-" I burst into tears.

Connor takes the cup out of my hand and places it on the side table. He then comes to join me in a hug.

"It's ok Haley. Don't worry, everything will be alright."

"No it won't Connor! Say if everything doesn't turn alright. He hit me! He physically hurt me! He has never hurt me before. He not only hit me but he betrayed me! How could he make out with someone who hates me! Who I hate! How could he do this to me! I thought he was my brother!"

"Haley he's still your brother. He probably just made a mistake."

"So your on his side now! I thought your supposed to be on my side! How is hitting me a mistake. Are you now fine with anyone hitting me all of a sudden?!" I say in tears, standing up.

"Haley I do agree with you. Sam hitting you was terrible. I never said what he did wasn't wrong. I said he probably just did it by accident. Yes I'm angry at him for ever laying a finger on you but i'm sure he would never want to hurt you." He says calmly, getting up, trying to help me calm down.

"Connor I just don't know what to do. I feel like everything's falling to pieces." I say looking down.

He lifts up my chin and wipes my tears with his thumb.
"Everything's going to be ok Haley. I understand your probably still angry at him for what he did but everything will be ok in the end. Just promise me you won't beat yourself up about this."

"I can't promise that Connor." I whisper.

He sighs pulling me into a hug,

"Stay here ok, I'll be right back." He says, separating the hug.