Chapter 21~Petrified

Haley's P.O.V

Now, if you don't remember, I gave Connor skydiving tickets for September 25th. Well, it's September 25th.

I'm not too excited. I am however, extremely nervous.
I don't have a fear of heights but I do have a fear of falling. Plus to make everything ten times better my anxiety is at an extreme high today which absolutely sucks.

Connor had to force me this morning to come with him. I honestly would have rather went to school. Our conversation went a little something like this.

Flashback to earlier this morning:

"Please." Connor whined, for the seventh millionth time.

"No." I responded, taking out the cereal box and a bowl.

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"No." He said, trying to play that switching trick.

"Exactly. No Connor." I said a little more strongly.

"Pleasee!" He wined, as he clung himself to my body dragging me to the floor. We're both laughing.

"Please!" He said, trapping me in his arms and legs on the floor not letting me escape.
I push, pull and grab. There is no way to get out.

"Please, I have no one else to go with. If you don't come with me this will be the worst birthday ever. Please." He begged once more.

"Fine." I annoyingly say.
"You are such a child." I continue, laughing, pushing his chest off of me.

"You know you love it." He smiles.

"That's debatable." I smirk.

He gasps covering his mouth. I stick my tongue out at him and run to his room to change. What have I gotten myself into?

Flashback over.

Its around the afternoon and we're here at the place. I'm freaking out. Literally freaking out. I feel like I'm gonna vomit and cry. I really don't wanna do this. I'm petrified.

We spent the first hour signing waver forms, writing down emergency numbers and all that stuff.
Reading all the risks of what could go wrong while skydiving really boosts my confidence up.
Can you hear the sarcasm?

Currently this guy is going over all the emergency rules. What to do and what not to do. That took a while to explain.
After he was finished he showed us techniques. He was teaching us body form for how to jump out of the plane and what to do in the air.

His name was Rob. He was a very scary looking man. He was tall and tough with black spiked hair. He looked like he meant business and no fooling around.

"Umm.. Can I ask you a question?" I say quietly, raising my hand.

He looked at me coldly in the eyes.

"What's the chance of none of this working out?" I ask nervously.

"If you listen to what I say and follow my rules you will be fine. If you don't then your in trouble."

I swallow a lump in my throat at his response. I'm honestly so scared.

"Ok.. Um.. Excuse me for one moment." I say, dropping the practice equipment and racing out of the room.