Chapter 34~Much Worse

Kian's P.O.V

Its been one week, an entire week and she still hasn't woken up. This has probably been the longest week of everyones lives.

We're all taking this really hard. Connor hasn't left the hospital at all since we first got here. We have tried to get him to come out but he always refuses. On the opposite side of things, Sam has locked himself in his room and will only leave to get food. He wont talk to anyone. He won't awnser the house door or his phone. Sam hasn't left his house for an entire week. Ricky is not himself anymore. He's alive but he's not all here. He comes to visit Haley everyday but doesn't talk much to anyone else. Our British friends left the other day. They all felt horrible and said to let them know if anything changes. Also no one has posted a youtube video on their personal channel or Our2ndLife all week. We all feel terrible for not posting a video or giving an explanation but no one can find the energy to make a video or explain what happened. Of coarse there are a ton of rumours going around but none of them are true. Everything is a wreck. Apparently on the announcements at school they say a prayer for Haley every morning. Im not exactly sure how they found out but I guess news travels quickly.

Im at the hospital going to see Haley. As usual Connor is in her room sitting on a chair beside her. They started allowing more people to visit Haley and Connor is taking full advantage of this opportunity. He was starting to go crazy when he wasn't aloud to see her. Somehow he stole one of the cards the doctor's use to get into the different rooms. I don't know how he did it but you know Connor, whatever he puts his mind to he can accomplish. The doctors ended up catching him after a few days and confiscated the card. Now they make sure to keep a close eye on him.

"How is she doing?" I ask, pulling up a chair to sit beside him.

"The same. Nothing has changed." Connor says, not taking his eyes off her. "Sam?"

"He is the same. Im going to check up on him after I leave."

"Are you going to be here for a little while longer?"

"Yea." I respond.

"I don't like leaving her alone but since your here now do you mind if I go get some food from the cafeteria. I will be really quick." He says, almost like he is reassuring himself.

"Ya Con, go do what you need to do. Im not going anywhere. How about you go home and freshen up a bit too. You have been here for a while."

"Kian I can't. I won't let anything else happen to her. What if I leave and something happens, I would never forgive myself. I already can't forgive myself for not going after her. I need to stay here. Im not walking out those hospital doors until she's walking out with me. I will be right back, do you want anything?"

"No." I reply.

He kisses Haley's forehead, then walks out the door.

I haven't been able to sleep lately. I keep replaying the scene when she jumped off the bridge in my head. That's all I ever think about. Even now, it's hard for me to see her like this but I try to be strong because I know thats what she would want. I move my chair closer to her and really take in what happened to her. She looks like she's been through hell and back. The sight makes a lump instantly form in my throat. I start to think of all the 'what ifs'. What if I ran faster, what if I left sooner, would I have been able to stop all of this from happening. This is all my fault and I will never forgive myself.

I've heard that they say sometimes people can hear you while their in a coma. I wonder if she can. Might as well give it a shot.

"Hey Haley, its Kian. We all miss you. Im sorry for not being a better friend to you. This is all my fault. Everyone loves you and cares about you. We are all hoping you make a fast recovery and wake up soon. Everyone is struggling out here without you. Your brother has locked himself in your house and hasn't left since a week ago. Ricky is not himself anymore. Andrea, Rebecca and Jenn come see you a lot but they are not the same either. Lia and Dahnielle can't even walk into the hospital without crying and Connor hasn't left the hospital since your birthday. Lets keep this between me and you but he stinks." I chuckle, running a hand through my hair.