Chapter 35~Black

Kian's P.O.V

It has been much longer than anyone expected. It has been exactly one month since the accident. Its now November nineteenth.
She should've been up by now, she should be awake. I don't know what's going on. Haley should've woken up two weeks ago. I just don't understand.

Each day gets harder without her. No one is the same anymore.

Connor has actually gone crazy. He still hasn't left the hospital since Haley got emitted into it. The doctors have told him that he can't be in there all the time anymore. They have limited his visiting time to only three times a week, for no longer than five hours. Sometimes he sneaks in to visit her but when he's not, he sits on the floor outside her room.

Ricky is an absolute mess. He won't talk to anyone unless its Haley (when he goes to visit her). Like Connor, he has lost a lot of weight so I doubt he has been remembering to eat. Jc and Trevor still come visit Haley weekly but don't stay for long because they start to become emotional. I rarely see Lia or Dahnielle but when I do they both look like a wreck. Lia always has a tear stained face while Dahnielle just looks pale and lifeless.

I have been trying to go to school when I can but its hard. When I go, I skip most of the periods either because I forget or I just don't want to go. When I do attend class its hard for me to pay attention. I don't talk to anyone or notice when people are talking to me. I can't even go down the hallway where Haley's locker is. Its's really rough. Im beginning to fail all of my classes but I could care less. The only thing I care about is Haley.

Also, we may have a little problem. Um.. Sam is gone. I don't know where he went. He hasn't been seen since the day he ran out of his house when I was over, three weeks ago. I have been looking for him for the past three weeks but I can't find him anywhere. I'm really worried about him. He is not in a good state of mind right now. He could be drinking, smoking, driving, all three combined or doing something much worse. He is in real danger and I don't know what to do. He won't answer any of my calls. They go straight to voicemail each time. What I saw the last time I was with him made all the blood drain from my face. Sam cut his wrists. They were black and blue with cuts all over them. Please tell me that he is okay. I didn't want to tell anyone what happened to him because everyone is already going through so much and I didn't want to make things worse. Just please let me know that he will be alright.

Currently, I am unfortunately at school in what I think is my Math class. I spend the time listening to music on my phone as I doodle in my notebook. I can't wait to go home. I hate being here.

"Kian, Kian." I hear, as someone taps my shoulder repeatedly.

I pull out one of my earphones and look up at my teacher.

"Kian, History class is over." She says, looking down at me. I look around the empty classroom and my eyes drift to Haleys seat.

"What are you drawing?" She questioned, taking the paper off my desk. She sighed looking at my drawing of a girl holding her knees to her chest looking upset.

She looks at me sympathetically, "How is she Kian?"

"The same. She still hasn't woken up yet." I replied, not making eye contact. I tear fell from my eye and I wiped it away quickly, hoping she wouldn't notice.

"I wrote notes for you about the last couple of classes. I know you have been going through a hard time. What class do you have now?"

"English."

"Alright, go home. I'll let your English teacher know I sent you home because you looked sick. Go get some rest. I hope all gets better. Also, the principal spoke to me earlier and told me to let you know to check Haley's locker to make sure nothing was rotting inside of it. He couldn't find you or Samuel and told me to let you know if I saw you. He assumed you knew her combination. However, he was very inconsiderate about Haley and I'm sorry about that." She said sweetly.