Chapter 33~This Changes Everything

Third Person P.O.V

Kian and Sam exchange nervous looks as they followed the nurse. She leads them to an office area and opens one of the doors.

"The doctor is waiting for you inside." She says, holding the door open for them.

They both mutter a quiet thank you and walk in. The nurse closed the door behind them.

In the large room a young male doctor is sat behind a desk, staring at his computer.

"Please take a seat." He says, motioning towards the two chairs in front of his desk.

Kian and Sam hesitantly sit in the chairs feeling anxious. Their stomachs are in knots and they both feel nauseous.

"I am Doctor Sarr. Who am I with?" He says, shutting off his computer to focus on them.

"Im Kian and this is Sam, Haley's brother." Kian replies. Sam looked down, staring at his hands.

The doctor looks down at his papers. "Yes, Kian Lawley and Sam Pottorff. Sam, is your father Mike here?"

"Mike isn't here." Sam responds coldly.

"Alright. Since you have both officially turned 18 you are now adults and I can share this information with you." He stated. "I would like to discuss with you about your sisters condition."

Kian and Sam nod, almost begging him to continue.

"Your sister is very lucky. Ninety-eight percent of people die from that high of a fall into water. Haley ranged in the other two precent. We believe she must have fell into the water feet first with her body vertically aligned. Also, it helped that she was in good shape and was healthy. We think that these components saved her but it is not for sure. The police are going to check the street surveillance footage for when she jumped."

Sam and Kian sighed thankfully, glad to know she wasn't dead.

"It was a good thing you were there Kian. If you didn't take her out of the water, she could've drowned to death. However, she did receive some harmful injuries. Haley broke her right leg and fractured her left leg. She has a fractured skull and has also broken her neck. Her body is bruised all over and she has cuts marking parts of her skin. Some I can see are from the incident and the others are not. Her older scars opened from the intense hit of the water. Sam, I would also like to further discuss your sisters emotional health with you later.
Haley is still unconscious. We are unsure of the exact date of when she will wake up. If everything goes properly we believe it will be sometime in the next two weeks. She's very lucky to have survived. She has someone watching over her up there." He smiles.

"When she wakes up, will there be any damage to her brain because of the fracture?" Kian asks.

"Her brain should be fine. There is a slight chance that she could experience memory loss but we won't know until she wakes up." He responds.

"Can we see her?" Sam asks.

"Of coarse. Follow me." Doctor Sarr lead Kian and Sam to Haley's hospital room.

He pulled out a small card from his pocket and held it in front of a small box attached to the door. There was a 'click' noise and the door unlocked.

When Sam entered the room he stopped in his tracks. The world around him freezes and he can only stare at her.

Haley was laid on the bed unconscious. Her face is bruised and she has a bandage wrapped around her head. Also, her neck and right foot are in a cast. They have her right foot elevated in the air by a sling, hanging from the ceiling. She has cuts all over her which are covered with a bandage.