Chapter 40~Better Together

Kian's P.O.V

It's early in the morning the next day. I received a call from Haley's doctor. They have found out Sam is back in town and wanted to talk to the both of us.

Sam met me at the hospital. We don't say anything to each other, we just silently walk to Doctor Sarr's office.

"Welcome back Sam." Dr. Sarr welcomed, as we entered the room. "Please, sit."

"Sam, I'm not sure if you were filled in on everything your sister experienced while you were gone-"

"I was." Sam interrupted him.

"Okay then, good. Haley's recovery is moving along well and some of her injuries are beginning to heal. However, we now have to keep an eye on her. As you know, since she did have a psychogenic non epileptic seizure, she is capable of having another one. Therefore, we are going to have to stay on the lookout for any symptoms that resemble a seizure. Also, myself and the rest of the staff watching over Haley think it would be best for her to transfer hospitals. The other day we had a psychiatrist come to look at her and she recommended the transfer. It is obvious Haley has been suffering with Depression and Anxiety. We don't know the severity of it yet. The psychiatrist would need to do a full examination on her for that, but based on Haley's history she is a danger to herself. She is also rejecting all of the people she is close with. She won't let them come back into her life to help her get through this rough patch. I believe this care would be best for her. I am hoping you two will be able to convince her to go voluntarily. It would put too much stress on her to involuntarily force her."

"Im sorry but.. are you saying you want to put her in psychiatric care?" I say shocked. I glance at Sam to see him nervously running his hands through his hair.

"Yes, I believe it would be what is best for her. She is self-destructive at the moment. She won't let the people who love her, help her. She really needs her loved ones to help her heal, but she is constantly pushing them away. The care she would receive at one of these hospitals, I think would help her healing process tremendously. If we let her out of this hospital, without getting that care, I'm afraid she will be back in it as soon as she is out, possibly with a worse outcome."

"How long would she be there for?" I ask speechless.

"It would depend how fast she heals and if she allows herself to heal. The shortest time for her to be in there I'm estimating would be two/three weeks. But that is only if she recovers drastically."

I rub my forehead processing all this information. It is so much to take on. As much as I want to disagree, I know that this is what she needs.

"Sam, when you go to visit Haley don't mention anything of this to her. We don't want to scare or panic her at all." Dr. Sarr adds.

"That won't be a problem since I'm not going to visit her. I don't want to see my sister." Sam replied, staring at him coldly.

"Funny, she said the same thing. May I ask what is going on between the two of you?"

"You may not." Sam says sternly.

"Sam it really would be beneficial if you went to see her. You're the only family she has here. Despite what she said, she needs you to get better. She will never improve if you two don't reconcile."

"I said, I don't want to see her!" Sam says, angrily getting out of his chair. He rushes out of the room and slams the door.

"Kian, please try to convince him to see her. It will greatly help them both. I can see they are both suffering without the other."

"I'll try." I say, getting up to go after Sam. He is only a little farther up so I'm able to run after him. I grab him, pulling him aside to an empty room.