Chaper 17~Wind & Moon Pt. 2

Haley's P.O.V

The sun is starting to set and it's getting dark. Connor's by the barbecue cooking up some food and it smells delicious.
I walk over to him and hug him from behind, laying my chin on his shoulder.
He was cooking 4 burgers on the grill.

"Smells great Con." I say, walking back to the logs I put around the campfire.
I set up the logs so it looked just like it did in the movies. The fire in the middle, with the logs surrounding it.

As I'm fixing the fire pit I hear someone yell,
"I come bearing marshmallows!"

I turned to see Anna and Derek walking over to our camp. Derek walked to Connor at the barbecue while Anna walked towards me.

"Hey." I say greeting her in a hug.

"Hi." she replied sweetly, sitting with me on the log.

She had on a black crop top, with high waisted ripped jean shorts. Also, a red and black flannel was tied around her waist. Anna's hair was in a French braid and she was wearing black Converse. She is so pretty and stunning. Then there's just me, sitting here like a bump on a log, literally.

We made small talk until the burgers were finished cooking. Let me just say that these burgers were really good. I never knew Connor could cook. Starting now I'm gonna have him cook me more food at home, all the time. Ahaha... Seriously though, that was really good.

We sat around the campfire watching the fire in the middle. Me and Connor were on one log and Annabelle and Derek were on the other log closest to our left.
Connor had one arm around me as I snuggled into his chest. It was so peaceful.
I completely zoned out from the conversation Derek, Anna, and Connor were having and just stared at the sky.

It was so beautiful with all the shimmering stars and of coarse the out standing moon. It was beautiful. I always loved the moon. It was my favourite. It wasn't perfect and it didn't always stand out but it was always there. It might not always be and feel whole but it still is complete. The moon wasn't always the favourite and it didn't stand out like the stars but it's there and it's original not the same like the others. There's nothing like it. It's not perfect but perfect at the same time.

The sound of a guitar playing pulls me out of my daze. I see Derek playing the guitar while Anna is lightly singing and Connor is humming along.

"Where did the guitar come from?" I question confused.

"I have no clue. Apparently he brought it with him." Connor responds laughing a little causing me to laugh.

Derek soon stars playing a new song that sounds a lot like the beat of Riptide by Vance Joy. Anna comes over grabbing my hand and pulls me up to come dance with her. I obey and go with her as we dance and sing to the song.
Connor goes over to sit with Derek and he starts adding a beat to the song by hitting the log.
We dance and sing for a couple of more songs that Derek plays until we're all tuckered out. Plus Connor joined in on the dancing and singing after the first song so he was exhausted. We went back to the log to sit and I layed my head in Connors lap then fully layes down on the log.

"Ok, I guess it's s'mores time!" Anna cheers.

"Woo!" I yell, pumping my fists in the air.

Soon enough we all haven sticks, gram crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. We're cooking up some s'mores.

"I haven't had one of these in years." I say taking a bite of my second s'more.

Derek goes to roast his third marshmallow by the fire. Standing a bit to close to it to be exact.

"Derek, maybe you should stand back a bit." I say probably, just over reacting.

"Ya Derek, stand a little back your really close to the fire." Anna agrees.

"Don't worry guys I'm just roasting my marshmallow."

Two minutes pass and he is still standing there waiting to get his marshmallows to the perfect colour.
But suddenly there was a big gust of wind..

"Derek!" Anna screamed.
________________________
Chapter 17?
What did you all think? Hope you guys like it.

Guys I'm so tired. I woke up to dearly this morning. It was terrible. What time did you guys wake up?

Anyways,

What do you think will happen next?

What just happened?
Why did Anna scream Derek's name?
Should Derek have stepped away from the fire?
What's going on at home and at camp?

Guess your gonna have to wait and see ;)

For a NEW UPDATE this chapter must get 11 comments and 11 votes.

Anyways
I GUESS I GOT TO GOOOOOO
hope you enjoyed chapter 17
Your fello fanfic writer is out ✌️