Chapter 49~Faces

Haley's P.O.V

My head is pounding. It literally feels like it is about to explode. I feel sore everywhere and for some reason, I can't move. I struggle to open my heavy eyelids at first, but I then somehow manage to pry them open.

I glance around the dark room I'm in but I can't seem to focus on anything other than my raging headache. I groan and try to shift in my seat, but I can't. It is until now that I realized my hands and feet are tied down. I look down at my body and see my feet are strapped to the chair legs by cable ties as well as my arms which are tied to the armrests. There is also a rope around my waist, holding me down onto it.

I let out an uncontrolled whimper from the sharp pain I get in my wrists when I try to force them off the restraints.

"Don't bother. I've been trying for hours. The little progress you make isn't worth the pain." A voice says, making my head snap up to look at them.

I glance around the room with wide eyes. They finally land on a figure, also strapped to a chair, in front of me. His wrists are cut up and are bleeding from, I'm assuming, trying to free himself from the ties. He is sporting two swollen black eyes, a busted lip as well as a long cut across his right cheek. The large blood stain on the bottom of his white shirt is hard not to notice...

"Sam?" I choke out, feeling unable to speak.

He nods, spitting onto the floor. I can't help but notice the red tint in it, making me cringe.

"Why are we here?" I don't know why I'm whispering but I am. "What is going on? What's happening?"

"He just left. You don't have to whisper." He replies.

"Who?" I ask confused, scared to know the answer.

"Dad."

"What?" I almost scream, making me grimace at the sudden pain that shoots through my head. "What do you mean Dad?"

"He is here, in New York. He is the one that brought us here." Sam talks quickly and is straight to the point.

"What do you mean?" I say, a lump now forming in my throat.

"He kidnapped us both and brought us here. Now we're tied to chairs." He replies bluntly.

"Oh my gosh. We're trapped." I say beginning to panic. I tug on the restraints again. "We're trapped here with him!"

"Haley calm down."

"We're going to die," I whisper to myself. "He is going to kill us."

"Haley-" Sam starts, but I interrupt him.

"Did he do that to you?" I gasp, glancing over his facial features again. "How long have you been here? How long have I been here? Sam, where are we?"

Sam lets out a loud sigh before speaking. "I got here a little over a day ago... Well, at least I think it has been a day. It has felt like weeks. They brought you in a couple of hours ago..."

Flashback
Sam's P.O.V

It has felt like weeks, months even. And I'm still strapped onto this stupid fucking chair. You have no one to blame but yourself Sam. You should've taken those letters much more seriously. I groan out loud in frustration. Great, now I'm talking to myself. You knew he was watching you. You should've known he was going to strike sooner or later.

"I'm such an idiot." I whisper.

I have no clue as to where I am. The last thing I remember is walking out of the bar and then the next thing I know is I'm being attacked. They pulled me into an empty alleyway and I drunkenly tried to fight back. If you are ever looking for a way to become sober quickly, I got a solution for you, get stabbed because that sure as hell woke me up. I groan again just thinking about it. Someone put a bandage on it. Why? I don't know, it's not like it's going to help anyways. Once I was stabbed, someone came up from behind me putting a cloth over my face. I was chloroformed and the next thing I know is I'm waking up in this stupid uncomfortable chair greeted by none other than my father, Mike.