1☽

⋆ Chapter 1 ⋆
Welcome Home

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

          Adaline was sitting in the back of her Uber with her headphones in blaring Cherry Waves by the Deftones. She was nervous. Her foot was anxiously tapping the floor and she couldn't stop biting her nails. It was going to be her first time home since everything happened. Adaline had no idea how she was going to face everyone. She knew people were going to look at her differently. After all she wasn't the perfect girl anymore with the perfect life and perfect family. No now she was an orphan with no friends.

She no longer had her beautiful house or loving parents. She would've had absolutely nothing but well let's just say thank god for the Jacobs family. Cal Jacobs her father's best friend promised he'd do whatever it took to look after his late friend's daughter. Obviously he wasn't going to let her get taken into foster care and she had no other family to move in with. So Cal being the most amazing friend he could be offered to be Adaline's legal guardian until she turned 18.

Adaline was not worried about moving in with the Jacobs. She loved the Jacobs like they were her own family. She would spend many hours at their home when she was growing up. Adaline got along extremely well with both Nate and Aaron. Granted her and Nate were always closer because of their age.

She was relieved that she was going to see Nate again. She had missed him deeply. He had always been there for her throughout everything. He didn't leave her side when she first heard of her parents accident. Nate would call and text her every day while she was away over the last three months to check on her. She was thankful for him. He was really one of her only friends that attempted to be there for her.

What Adaline was really worried about was seeing everyone else in town. She knew they must have talked about her parents accident. That's why she didn't stick around right after it happened. As soon as she was able to leave for her summer internship in Seattle she left.

And now she's back and everyone is going to look at her like a freak. Instead of being known as the it girl she's going to be known as the girl with the mother who was so high out of her mind she crashed her car instantly killing herself and her husband.

Adaline sighed as the Uber pulled up outside of the Jacobs home. It still looked the same. She couldn't believe she was going to be calling this place home now. As soon as she knocked on the door Marsha Jacobs flung it open and embraced the young brunette. Adaline had always liked Marsha. She thought she tried her best to keep the family together and happy. Although she felt she could be a bit dense at times when it came to things that Nate and Cal would do.