56☽

⋆ Chapter 56 ⋆
As Long As It Takes

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

               "I think Jade used drսgs to push away all the bad thoughts. But it did the opposite for me." Lexi sighed remembering the first time she smoked weed with Rue, Adaline, and Fez. "All I could think about were the bad thoughts. The things that could go wrong... the people I could lose... and the million and one reasons why I'm not good enough." The scene ended with Rue riding away on her bike as Lexi looked off into the distance.

So far Adaline was enjoying the play. She was just praying that Lexi didn't include anything that would upset anyone in their friend group. She was worried that Rue might relapse or Maddy would get offended and try to fight someone.

When the next part of the play began Adaline was extremely shocked. She had to stop herself from breaking out in a fit of laughter as she watched the Cassie and Maddy lookalikes dance around on stage in their cheerleading uniforms.

"When Hallie and Marta entered ninth grade, they became inseparable." Lexi began narrating as the two girls began sticking their tongues out towards each other. It was very odd to watch. But Adaline was even more uncomfortable when her lookalike broke in between the blonde and dark haired duo.

The fake Adaline began leading the group of cheerleaders as Lexi started talking once more. "When I first met Marta, she made me nervous. I had never seen anyone as sure of themself as her. Because of that, I didn't really trust her." Lexi said looking at the crowd. "Until her parents started fighting all the time and she basically moved in with us for a few months. If she wasn't at our house she was with Abby."

"Do you like it?" Marta asked as she finished Lexi or "Grace's" makeup.

"I feel stupid." Leix sighed. This was a memory that included both Maddy and Adaline. Maddy was in charge of Lexi's makeup while Adaline did her hair.

"Lex, you look super hot!" Abby grinned at her friend.

"Everyone feels stupid. Who cares?" Marta spoke up.

"You feel stupid?"

"Yeah, I did." Marta nodded with a shrug. "And then, I just chose not to feel stupid."

"I don't know if...I can really get to that point." Lexi trailed off.

"90% of life is confidence." Marta continued. "And the thing about confidence is no one knows if it's real or not."