6☽

⋆ Chapter 6 ⋆
Back To School

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                                  Adaline sighed as she sat up in bed turning off her alarm. It was the first day of school and she was not looking forward to it at all.

The girl got a quick shower before blow drying her hair. She decided to do a simple half up half down style in her hair. For her makeup she also kept it simple but added a little pop of orange to go with her outfit. Adaline picked out a cropped orange tank top with a cute white skirt that had little flowers on it. She thought she might as well try to look nice for the first day.

As she made her way downstairs she noticed that Nate was already up and eating a bowl of cereal. She assumed both Marsha and Cal had left for the day.

It was a bit awkward between to two best friends. Neither one of them knew what to say to the other so they simply pretended that the other night didn't happen.

Adaline and Nate drove to school in silence. It wasn't long until they were pulling into the school parking lot. Before Adaline could exit the truck Nate grabbed her hand. Startled she turned to look at him.

"You look good today. I like that outfit." Nate complimented the girl with a genuine smile.

Adaline blushed looking down at Nate's hand that was still holding hers. "Thanks Nate."

Upon entering the school Nate went to talk to some of his friends while Adaline went to her locker. She noticed Maddy, Cassie, and BB walking down the hallway. She rolled her eyes looking at Maddy.

Cassie smiled at Adaline as she noticed her by her locker while Maddy acted like the brunette didn't exist.

"Holy shit is that Adaline Kingston?" BB screeched eyeing the girl. "Damn is it me or did she get even hotter over the summer?" She asked causing Maddy to scoff and roll her eyes.

Maddy was happy when Kat walked over to the trio taking BB's attention away from her former best friend. Maddy wasn't happy about Adaline being back. Her status in school was now in danger. At least while Adaline was gone she didn't have to constantly fight for attention.

The day seemed to drag on for Adaline. She sighed as she sat down in her drama class. She was thankful that she at least had Rue and Lexi in it with her.

"So, let's start with a little improvisation. I'd like each of you to get up and tell us a five-minute story about your summer." Adaline groaned as she listened to her drama teacher. She didn't particularly want to talk about her summer. It's not like her parents died or anything. "Looks like we have our first volunteer: Rue."