20☽

⋆ Chapter 20 ⋆
Making Amends

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

That night after his meeting with Jules, Nate crawled into bed with Adaline. He was relieved that he had handled one thing. Now all he had to deal with was Maddy. He wasn't worried about her telling people what he did. Nate knew Maddy would never do anything to get him in trouble.

And it was true. When Maddy got home that night, she felt sick to her stomach. Like enough to throw up. It wasn't the violence that scared her. It was the fact that she knew, no matter what he did, she'd still love him.

The Jacobs boy couldn't help but lightly brush his hand over Adaline's stomach. He could almost imagine her in a couple of months with a big bump. For some reason that excited him. Maybe it was because then everyone would know that she belonged to him. She was carrying his child. They were both his.

Nate smiled down at how innocent Adaline looked sleeping in his arms. He never wanted to give it up. This is where they both belonged. Nate fell asleep that night with a smile on his face and the girl he loved in his arms.

Adaline yawned waking up the next morning. She tried to stretch her body but was stopped by a heavy arm curled around her waist. She could tell from the scent and way the person was breathing into her neck that it was Nate.

She thought about getting up but she was too comfortable. She also loved the feeling of Nate's arms wrapped around her. She didn't want to give it up just yet. Adaline laid there for a couple more minutes gently running her hand up and down Nate's arm.

"Morning." Nate said in a deep husky voice. He leaned down to press a light kiss to Adaline's temple. "What are we doing today?"

"I'm going shopping with your mom." She responded getting up from the bed and walking into her bathroom.

Nate could hear Adaline brushing her teeth. He stood up from her bed and walked towards her bathroom just as she turned the shower on. "Can I join?" He asked.

"Nate." Adaline groaned.

"It'll help save water." Nate smirked.

"No. I'm still mad at you." The brunette stated pushing him out of the bathroom. "You can shower with me when you make up for the last few days."

"I'm pretty sure I can make it up to you in there just as good as I can make it up to you out here." He said with a mischievous look on his face. Adaline simply rolled her eyes slamming the bathroom door shut. Nate let out a small chuckle before heading to his own room.