15☽

⋆ Chapter 15 ⋆
Positive

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                                 When the three minutes were finally up Adaline slowly walked over to the counter. She glanced down at the test and silently cursed when she saw it was positive. Adaline began to cry as she held the test in her hands.

"Adaline? Sweetheart are you alright? You've been in there for awhile." Marsha called from outside of the door.

"I'm okay." She said in a small voice. Adaline attempted to pull herself together but as soon as she opened the door Marsha pulled the girl into a hug. Marsha's actions caused Adaline to begin sobbing.

"It's positive isn't it?" She questioned. All Adaline could do was nod her head. "It's alright sweetie. We'll figure everything out okay?" Marsha led Adaline back over to the hospital bed. "Just have a seat and relax the doctor will be back soon."

Adaline laid in bed with tears streaming down her face. "What am I going to do?" She asked no one in particular.

"Can I ask who the father is?" Marsha had a vague idea but she wanted to hear it from Adaline. Marsha had noticed the lingering looks her son and the Kingston girl would give each other when they thought no one was looking. Marsha had always secretly hoped that the two would get together.

"It's Nate." She cried. "Oh god he's going to hate me. What am I going to tell him?" Adaline began hyperventilating. She couldn't breathe. She was so worried about Nate finding out.

"Hey Adaline it's okay. Sweetheart Nate will understand." Marsha comforted the girl. In reality she had no idea how her son was going to react. Nate had always been unpredictable. She was worried herself about what both her husband and son were going to say.

"Hello Adaline. Did you take the test?" Doctor Miller asked entering the room. Adaline nodded and handed the small stick to him. "Well congratulations! I'm going to have a nurse come in and take some blood just so we can be 100% sure."

Adaline bit her lip in thought before looking back towards the doctor. "Can I have other visitors?"

"I don't see why not. Normally we only allow one person back at at a time so Mrs. Jacobs would have to leave while the others visit." The doctor explained.

"That's fine. I'll go get him for you." Marsha nodded standing. She knew who Adaline wanted to talk to.

Marsha followed the doctor out of Adaline's room. She nervously walked the long hallway to the waiting room. Cal and Nate were both sitting quietly staring at the wall. Marsha could tell Nate was anxious. His leg was bouncing up and down while he anxiously tapped his fingers against his thigh.

When Nate saw his mother approaching he immediately stood. "Is she okay?"

"She's going to be fine. She wants to see you." Marsha replied. Cal was now standing next to Nate. He could tell that there was something Marsha wasn't telling them. "You can go back there Nate. It's down that hall the fourth door on the right."

Nate didn't wait another second before falling his mother's directions. "What is it Marsha?" Cal asked his wife.

"She's pregnant. She said it's Nate's."

Cal sat back down and put his head in his hands. He couldn't believe this was happening. He spent years training Nate to become the best athlete he could be. A child was going to ruin both Adaline and Nate's futures. He would never admit it but he was silently praying that they would decide to not keep the baby.

"Ads?" Nate softly called as he entered the small room. Adaline's head shot up at the sound of his voice. Nate walked over and took the seat previously owned by Marsha. "Hey you okay?"

Adaline reached out and took Nate's giant hand into her own. The nurse already came in and took her blood. All they were waiting on now were her results. Adaline was pretty sure that the blood test was going to be positive as well. How else would you explain her puking and being nauseous for the last few days?

"Nate there's something I have to tell you. You have to promise me that you won't freak out."

"Why would I freak out? Is everything okay?" Nate questioned confused. His mom didn't seem too upset when she came and got him so he didn't understand why Adaline was freaking out.

"They think I might be pregnant." Adaline searched Nate's face to see his reaction. Her heart broke in half when he dropped her hand and stood up from the chair.

"That's not possible. There's no way." Nate mumbled to himself as he ran his hands through his hair. He was shocked. More shocked than he was when he found out about Maddy and Adaline's dad.

"Nate?" Adaline said as she watched him silently freak out.

"Fuck!" Nate cursed punching the wall. He was about to hit it again but was stopped by Adaline wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I'm so sorry Nate. Please don't be mad." She kept repeating as she cried into his back.

Nate sighed turning around and pulling the small brunette into his chest. She latched onto him and continued to cry. He couldn't believe this was happening. Nate knew he wasn't ready for a child. He didn't know what the fuck they were going to do.

"What are we going to do? We're still in high school? I don't know if I'm ready to have a baby." The brunette ranted.

Nate remained silent as he held Adaline. He didn't know how to comfort her. He himself was freaking out.

Their moment was cut short by a nurse entering the room. "Hello my names Jess. I was just stopping by to tell you that your blood test did come back positive. Congratulations!" She smiled.

Adaline looked up at Nate who had no expression on his face. She was scared. Adaline didn't know what they were going to do. She was hoping that Nate wasn't considering abortion or adoption. Adaline didn't think she would ever be able to give up their child. She knew she was young but Adaline was willing step up and deal with the consequences of their actions.

Nate couldn't look Adaline in the eye. It made it more real. She was pregnant. Nate couldn't deny it anymore. He wasn't ready for this. He wasn't even ready to break up with Maddy for Adaline. How the hell was he ever going to be ready for a baby?

______________________________
Sorry it took so long to update this chapter.

I think I've rewritten it at least 4 or 5 times and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

I also apologize that this chapter is a little shorter than some of the others.