38☽

⋆ Chapter 38 ⋆
Happy New Year

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                            Adaline plastered on a smile as she walked towards Nate. The Jacobs boy was standing at the end of the hall talking to McKay. She hadn't seen McKay since the carnival. "Hey Christopher!"

"Wassup, Addie! Happy New Year!" The boy replied hugging her tightly. "Damn look at you." He said with wide eyes inspecting her round stomach then glancing up at Nate who wrapped his arm around the girl's waist. He didn't know that they were together.

"Are you two uh-" McKay trailed off glancing back and forth between the two.

"Are you asking if we're together?" Adaline laughed at how nervous McKay looked. He sheepishly nodded in response. "Yes we're together. But I'm not sure how much longer that will last if Nathaniel doesn't stop lying to me." She seethed moving out of said boys grasp.

"Okay we're going to go talk." Nate announced grabbing Adaline's hand. As soon as he went to lead her away Lexi rushed up to the group of three.

"Have you seen Cassie?" Lexi rushed out.

"Uh, nah. I ain't seen Cass since..." McKay trailed off. Adaline was well aware of his reaction to Cassie's pregnancy. She wondered if the two were going to try and work on their relationship. She knew that if she was in Cassie's position she wouldn't want anything to do with McKay. "Is she here, though?"

"Uh, no. " Lexi said but it sounded more like a question.

"No?" He asked confused. McKay knew Cassie wouldn't miss a party.

"Well, will you text me if you hear from her?"

"Yeah, I got you." McKay nodded watching as Nate drug Adaline into a bedroom.

"Okay Nate!" Adaline hissed at how tightly his hand was holding onto her wrist. "Let go!"

"Shit. I'm sorry." Nate apologized immediately letting go of her. He felt terrible when he noticed the red mark on her wrist.

"Why did you drag me in here?"

"We need to talk." Nate sighed not moving from his spot in front of the door.