17☽

⋆ Chapter 17 ⋆
The Carnival

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                             The next morning Adaline woke to the sound of loud clanging coming from downstairs. With a glance at her alarm clock she groaned reading the time. It was only 7am and she was already over the day.

Adaline slowly moved to the edge of her bed. Her feet touched the cold wooden floor as she ran her hands over her face. Adaline reluctantly got up and made her way out of her room and into the hall where noticed Aaron walking up the steps.

"What's going on?" She asked still half asleep.

"Dad's making his chili. I'd probably stay out of the kitchen for awhile. He doesn't like people in his workspace." Aaron rolled his eyes.

"Why is he making it so early?"

"Don't ask me. He's a freak about it. Says he has to make sure it's perfect enough to win. He's like this every year." Aaron shrugged turning towards his room. "Oh and hey congrats on getting knocked up by my idiot of a brother. I heard you guys screaming at each other last night. It was entertaining." He laughed.

Adaline rolled her eyes at Aaron and was about to respond but Nate exiting his room beat her to it. "Fuck off Aaron."

"Oh come on normally I'm the one that fucks up. I'm enjoying not being the family disappointment for once." The older Jacobs boy joked smirking at his younger brother.

Nate rolled his eyes and looked at Adaline. It was still very tense between the two. Adaline didn't want to talk to Nate so she quickly retreated back into her room. And that is exactly where the brunette stayed for the rest of the day.

Nate hated the fact that Adaline was mad at him. He wanted to talk to her and smooth everything over but he still didn't know how he felt. He couldn't help it that the idea of becoming a father was scary. Nate didn't have the answers Adaline wanted. He knew if he talked to her right now it would just lead to an argument.

Nate couldn't handle fighting with Adaline right now. He had too much going on in his head. Nate needed to focus on his meeting with Jules. He would deal with Maddy and Adaline later.

Lexi texted Adaline to see if she wanted to go to the carnival together. As much as Adaline wanted to she knew she had to go with the Jacobs' family. Cal had taken a break from cooking to tell Adaline that she needed to stay in the family booth. Adaline told Lexi that she would meet up with her sometime after the chili cook off.