42☽

⋆ Chapter 42 ⋆
Avoidance

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                          Since winter formal, Cassie had gone through a low-grade depression. No one knew about it. Lexi could tell something was off with her but she didn't question Cassie. She knew that if she did it would just lead to an argument.

Arguing is all the Howard sisters seemed to be doing recently. Cassie felt like she was going crazy. She had no one to talk to. She couldn't tell Lexi what was going on because she knew she would judge her. Both Maddy and Adaline were not even an option. She had no one.

Cassie was trying to figure out what was wrong with her. She wanted to know why she seemed to get herself into these terrible situations. If she would just admit that she had a problem saying no it would solve half of her problems. Cassie would never admit it but she loved the feeling of being loved.

The blonde chose to blame her problems on everyone else. It wasn't her fault that she kissed Nate. It was the alcohol. Cassie knew it was wrong. But she was drunk. She wouldn't betray her friends like that.

Cassie told herself that she never would've said yes if Maddy and Nate were still together. 'Cause that would be unforgivable. Maddy was her best friend.

But what about Adaline? Cassie knew her and Nate were together. She tried to reason that it was okay because they were fighting that day. She thought they were broken up. However, deep down she knew. Cassie knew they were still together even though they were fighting. Besides even if they weren't together Adaline was still pregnant with Nate's baby.

It was the day before winter break was over. No one was excited to go back to school. Maddy and Cassie were on the phone talking about what outfits they were going to wear when the Perez girl brought up Nate.

"Nate sent me the sweetest text message this morning." Maddy smiled into the phone.

"Really? What did he say?" Cassie couldn't help the small pit of dread that began forming in her stomach.

"He just thanked me for helping get him to the hospital and for being there for Addie."

"That's so sweet." Cassie mumbled through tears.