7☽

⋆ Chapter 7 ⋆
What The Fuck Nate?

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                               The brunette was sitting in bed watching her favorite show Pretty Little Liars when she received a frantic call from Nate asking her to meet him at some random apartment complex. Adaline being worried about him quickly got an Uber and left the house.

When she arrived at the apartment number he texted her she hesitantly knocked on the door. Nate opened it and she immediately noticed the distant look on his face and the blood on his knuckles.

"What the fuck Nate? Are you okay?" She asked stepping inside and gently touching his cheek.

"I did something bad." Nate mumbled like a little kid that was scared he was going to get in trouble.

"What did you do?" Nate slowly led Adaline over to where a blonde guy was laying on the floor barely moving.

"Fuck Nate!" She exclaimed bending down beside the boy. She quickly felt for a pulse and was relieved when she felt a faint one. "He needs help."

"No." Nate immediately stated.

Adaline stood up and walked over to him. She looked Nate directly in the eyes. "He needs to go to the hospital Nate. I'm not leaving him here."

Nate sighed clenching his jaw. "Fine."

Adaline had Nate quickly wash his hands before having him help her move the boy who she learned was named Tyler into the backseat of Nate's truck. Adaline drove Nate's truck to a hospital on the other side of town. She left Nate in the truck while she helped Tyler into the emergency room. She placed him in a seat before going up to the front desk saying that the boy needed immediate attention. When she saw some nurses go over to check on Tyler she quickly left getting back in Nate's truck and driving away.

The truck was silent as Adaline drove. She noticed Nate would clench his fists every once in a while.

"Why? Why did you do that to him?" She asked feeling bold.

"He raped Maddy." Is all the boy responded.

"Are you serious?" Adaline turned to the boy trying to see his expression.

"She said she was blacked out when they fucked in the pool."

"And you believed her?" Adaline laughed. "You seriously just bet the shit out of some poor guy because of your lying psycho girlfriend."

Nate rolled his eyes. He knew Maddy was lying but admitting that to himself would ruin the image he had of Maddy in his head.

"Why did you call me?" She questioned.

"Because maybe I needed someone that wouldn't judge me but clearly I made a mistake." Nate scoffed.

"You know I'm not judging you Nate but I just don't understand why you believe everything Maddy says. Do you honestly think she would admit that she wanted to fuck him?"

"I just need you to be here for me right now Adaline instead of trying to tell me everything wrong with my relationship." He said running his hand over his face.

"Okay what can I do?" She asked pulling the car to a stop by a lake that the two liked to go to when stuff at home got too crazy.

Nate sighed looking over at his best friend. He reached over and gently stroked her cheek. Nate pushed a strand of hair behind her ear before leaning over and kissing her on the lips.

As he pulled away he looked into Adaline's eyes. "Can I just hold you?" He asked in a soft voice.

Adaline nodded before unbuckling her seat belt. Nate pulled the girl over onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her. He rested his head in the crook of Adaline's neck. She softly rubbed his hands that were around her waist just letting him hold her.

"Do you really think she lied to me?" Nate asked after a few moments of silence.

Adaline sighed massaging her forehead. "I don't know what you want me to say Nate. If I'm honest with you and tell you what you don't want to hear you get pissed. And at the same time if I lie to you you get pissed. So I genuinely don't know what you want me to say."

Nate turned Adaline's face towards him making her look him in the eye. "You don't lie to me."

Adaline nodded her head bringing her hand up to stroke his cheek. "We should get home. Your mom will have dinner done soon."

Adaline went to get off of Nate's lap and move back into the driver's seat but he stopped her. "I'll drive."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded opening the passenger door and sliding out leaving Adaline missing the warmth of his body. She sighed and looked out the window watching the scenery pass by as Nate drove home.

Adaline knew that Maddy lied. It wasn't the first time she's lied about being blacked out. She wished that one of them would finally open their eyes and dump the other. Their lives would be so much better if they weren't together. All they did was constantly hurt each other.

Adaline had spent countless hours telling this to both Nate and Maddy but neither of them would listen. Maddy always thought that Adaline wanted her to break up with Nate so she could have him for herself. However at the time that wasn't the case. Adaline only wanted to protect Maddy from Nate. She knew how he could get. She also knew Maddy.

Maddy has a tendency to not know when to stop. She would constantly push Nate. Adaline knew it was only a matter of time before she did something to set him completely over the edge. And Adaline was terrified to think about what would happen when she did.

It wasn't that the brunette was afraid of Nate because she wasn't. She knew Nate would never intentionally hurt her. She knew how to deal with his anger better than anyone else did. He never hurt her and he never would.

Nate promised himself and Adaline years ago that he would protect her. Whether that was from others or himself it didn't matter. He wouldn't let anything happen to the girl who's had his heart since he was a child.