22☽

⋆ Chapter 22 ⋆
Heartbeat

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                        The fallout from Nate's assault was swift. It didn't take long for Principal Hayes to suspend Nate promising that it was only until the investigation was completed. Cal was furious. He knew it could take months for Nate's name to be cleared.

When Adaline got home from school that day the house was eerily quiet. The brunette didn't know if she should talk to Nate or leave him alone. She knew she had to ask him what happened. She lied for him and she wanted the truth.

Adaline decided to go to her room first to change and to hopefully figure out how to approach Nate. What she wasn't expecting when she opened her bedroom door was for Nate to be laying on her bed waiting for her. "God Nate. You scared the shit out of me." She exclaimed jumping.

As soon as he heard her voice he immediately shot up. "Did they question you?"

"Yeah." She nodded putting her backpack down on her vanity chair. "They wanted to know my relationship with you and Maddy. They also wanted to know if I thought you did it."

"Do you?" Nate questioned.

The brunette paused carefully thinking over her words. "Yeah. I do."

"Did you tell them that?"

"No." She sighed. "I know how you are Nate. She pushed you and you snapped. You couldn't help it."

"I'm sorry." Nate apologized. He looked like he was on the verge of tears. Adaline had never seen him so emotional before.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean to hurt her." She spoke walking over and wrapping her arms around him. Nate gripped onto Adaline's waist and buried his head into her chest.

"I don't know what the fuck to do. I can't go down for this Ads it'll ruin everything." He mumbled into the fabric of her shirt.

"I know Nate. Everything will be okay." Adaline said reassuringly running her fingers through his hair. "We'll figure something out."

The next two days went by quickly. At first, Nate spent most of his days in bed. The only time he would get out of bed was to use the bathroom and to switch to Adaline's bed when she got home from school. Sometimes he would even lay in there without her. He would stare at the ceiling and think about their future. Nate knew he had to do something. He just wasn't sure what.

It was currently Wednesday morning and Adaline was getting dressed for school as Nate watched. He admired her body as she put on the outfit he picked out. Nate swore she was beginning to develop a small bump. It wasn't super noticeable unless you really looked for it.