59☽

⋆ Chapter 59 ⋆
You Are Who You Are

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

All Nate could think about as he drove home was how fucked up he truly was. The Jacobs boy desperately wanted to be better but he just kept fucking up.

Every relationship he had he ruined in some way.

Nate knew that he needed to change. He wasn't going to let himself fuck up his relationship with Aurora.

For years he's been haunted by his father and his stupid tapes. The boy knew they were one of the main reasons for his erratic behavior.

He wouldn't have had to do some many horrible things if those tapes didn't exist.

If Cal didn't exist.

Nate had decided long ago that his life would be a million times better if Cal wasn't his dad. He knew for a fact that he wouldn't have been as royally fucked up as he was if things were different.

Of course Nate knew that he couldn't blame all of his actions on his dad. Cal didn't force him to do the things he did.

Nate did it all on his own, he fucked his own life up.

He was the one who choked Maddy.

He was the one that blackmailed Jules for months.

And he was the one that cheated on Adaline with her best friend.

As much as Nate didn't want to admit it, he knew. He and Cal shared a lot of similar qualities. And that scared him.

Nate didn't want to be anything like Cal. He hated Cal Jacobs with every fiber of his being.

Yet he still protected him for years.

Why?

Maybe it was because of Nate's fear of losing friends, or being made fun of, or maybe he just didn't want to admit that his father was gay.

There wasn't one specific reason that the boy could pinpoint but he knew it wasn't out of love or loyalty.

Nate only loved two people in his life and one of them certainly wasn't Cal.