31☽

⋆ Chapter 31 ⋆
Winter Formal

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                             Once again Adaline was back to ignoring Nate. She was really getting tired of the constant fighting. She didn't understand why he always did stuff to push her away. One second he wanted her and then the next second he was a complete ass. It was almost like he was scared to let her in. Which she didn't understand. They had always told each other everything.

What Adaline didn't know was that Nate only let her see what he wanted her to see. The fact that she saw his meltdown terrified him. He didn't want her to ever see him like that. Nate was afraid that he'd scare her off if she truly knew how fucked up he was.

Sometimes it was just easier for the Jacobs boy to push her away. He knew what he was doing wasn't right but he didn't care in that moment. All he could think about was the look on her face when she saw his breakdown. So Nate was doing what he did best. He went back to ignoring the brunette except for the occasional sarcastic comment. He even went as far as to asking someone else to the winter formal.

Did Nate like the girl? Of course not. She was nice to look at but other than that he couldn't stand her. His only reason for asking her was to piss Adaline off. He figured if she saw him with someone else she'd stop trying to make up with him.

"Hey." Cal smiled opening the front door.

"You guys have such a beautiful home." Nate's date Natalie complimented as she entered the house.

"Aw, thank you." Marsha replied plastering on a fake smile. She wasn't very happy about Nate going to the formal with someone other than Adaline.

"You look beautiful." Nate spoke as he reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Thanks." The blonde laughed blushing.

"That's an understatement." Cal joked eyeing his sons date.

Everyone's heads turned towards the stairs at the sound of heels against the wood floor. Nate's breath caught in his throat as he watched Adaline descend the stairs. She looked fucking amazing. If he didn't regret taking someone else before he definitely did now.

"Oh my god Addie! You look stunning!" Marsha gushed as the brunette stepped into the entry way. "Doesn't she look amazing Nate?"

"Uh yeah." He stuttered out. Nate was speechless. He loved the way the purple silk material clung to her body. The dress perfectly showed off all of her curves including her baby bump. It was hard to believe that she was already around 20 weeks. She was basically halfway through her pregnancy.