21☽

⋆ Chapter 21 ⋆
Anger Issues

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

"I'm fine. Why is everyone like, so dramatic?" Maddy asked annoyed sitting in the principals office.

"Obviously, you've been through a lot this weekend. But my real concern is the bruising on your neck." Principal Hayes said.

"There is no bruising on my neck."

"The paramedics saw it." The older man sighed.

"Yeah, well, they're lying." Maddy sneered.

"Madeleine, look... I understand that you may be afraid to talk about how you got hurt. But I want you to know that it's not your fault."

"I'm trying to find a really respectful way to say this, but this doesn't concern you."

"It does concern me, Madeleine. You're 17 years old. If I suspect that you are being abused, I am mandated by law to report it. Is it someone you know? Was it Nate Jacobs?" He asked.

Maddy got quiet not knowing what to say. She was internally freaking out. How the hell was she going to get out of this?

Adaline was sitting in her second period American Literature class when she saw Nate walking down the hallway with the principal. She sighed heavily knowing that whatever was happening wasn't good. Cassie looked over at Adaline both of them wearing the same confused expression.

Cal and Marsha were being led towards the small study room that Principal Hayes had previously led Nate into. There was a police officer standing outside the door waiting for the couple's arrival.

"Are you okay, Mr. Jacobs?" The officer asked as the Jacobs couple reached him.

"I'm fine." Cal replied shortly.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs. Thanks for getting here so quickly." Principal Hayes began. "So it appears that your son and Ms. Perez had a physical altercation on Saturday night, in which he allegedly strangled her."

"What?" Marsha gasped.

"There are multiple eye witnesses. Ms. Perez has extensive bruising. And her family will be pressing charges." The officer explained.

"There must be some misunderstanding. This doesn't sound like something my son would do especially not with a baby on the way. Nate wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his future." Cal ranted.