19☽

⋆ Chapter 19 ⋆
Dead To Me

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                        "And this year's winner of the chili cook off is... Cal Jacobs! Make it six years and running!" The announcer said as everyone began clapping.

Adaline stood in between Nate and Aaron as the family got their picture taken. At first she wasn't going to be in it but both Marsha and Cal called her over. Nate snuck his arm around Adaline's waist pulling her closer to him. The two had bright smiles on their faces as they looked at the photographer.

Unfortunately, Nate's actions didn't go unnoticed by a certain dark haired girl. Seeing Nate with his arm around Adaline wasn't out of the ordinary. They were always flirty with each other and she was used to that. What angered the girl was seeing how much Nate's family accepted Adaline. They literally begged her to be in their family photo.

As the clapping died down one person could still be heard loud and clear. When Adaline saw who the person clapping was she sighed knowing shit was about to go down.

"Yeah, I'm not supposed to be here right now, because I'm dressed like a hooker, and none of you like me, but I just wanted to say congratulations."

"Maddy, get out of..." Nate began stepping forward only to be cut off by Maddy knocking the chili pot over. The chili splashed all over Adaline and Marsha. Oohs could be heard from the crowd as they watched with wide eyes and open mouths.

"What the hell Maddy?" Adaline exclaimed looking down at her now stained jeans.

"What in God's name is your problem?" Marsha yelled.

"You, cunt." Maddy sneered. "And fuck you too! You're just a dumb orphan whore who thinks she's so perfect. News flash Nate only fucked you because we weren't together! That same night he was all up in my messages talking about how much he loved me!" She screamed flipping off Adaline.

Before Adaline could even respond Nate grabbed Maddy's arm roughly dragging her away from his family and the crowd of bystanders. Everyone was too stunned to speak.

"Are you alright sweetheart?" Marsha asked handing Adaline some napkins.

Adaline shook her head trying not to let her tears fall. She was shocked by Maddy's words. What happened to wanting to be friends again? Adaline hadn't even done anything to Maddy for her to be pissed at her.