54☽

⋆ Chapter 54 ⋆
Wild Card

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                 "She's so beautiful!" The familiar voice of Marsha could be heard as Adaline slowly began waking up.

Nate noticed that the brunette was no longer asleep and moved to her side. "Hey Ads!" He smiled smoothing her hair down. "How are you feeling?"

"Where is she?" The Kingston girl wondered trying to sit up. Nate didn't hesitate to help her but she just pushed his hands away. "Where's my baby?"

"She's okay. My moms holding her." Nate reassured the girl, pointing over to Marsha, who was sitting on the small couch by the window.

"Can I hold her?" Adaline asked looking longingly at the small bundle in the older woman's arms.

"Of course sweetheart!" Marsha smiled happily handing the baby over to her mother.

Aurora had been a bit fussy while Adaline was asleep. She would really only calm down if Nate was holding her. Marsha had a hunch that the baby was hungry but they needed Adaline awake for that.

Nate wanted Adaline to get a little sleep. Which is why he didn't wake her as soon as Aurora was brought into the room. In total Adaline probably got at least an hour of sleep.

Holding her daughter in her arms was very overwhelming for the new mom. It was in moments like these where she wished her own mother was here to experience things with her.

Although she figured her mother would have been no help.

"Hey Rory!" Adaline gushed gently rocking the fussy baby in her arms. "You're mommy's little princess aren't you?"

"Oh good you're up!" The nurse, Grace cheered entering the room and ruining the cute moment between Adaline and Aurora. "It's time for baby Aurora to eat. I'm going to help you breastfeed her."

"I'll step out for this part." Marsha smiled at Adaline before exiting the room.

Nate stood by the head of the bed and watched as the nurse instructed Adaline on how to get Aurora to latch onto her breast. It took a couple of tries until she finally got it.