41☽

⋆ Chapter 41 ⋆
I Can't Do This

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                            "Nate!" A voice shouted gaining the boy's attention. A wide smile stretched onto Nate's face when he realized it was Adaline who said his name. "How are you? I've been worried all night."

Nate reached forward grabbing onto her hand. He pulled her close enough to his bed so that he could kiss her. Their lips met in a sweet kiss though it quickly turned needy.

"Nathaniel." Cal awkwardly spoke from the door startling the two teens. Adaline sighed moving away from Nate. She just wanted a couple of minutes alone with him. "It's time to go."

"I brought you some clothes to change into." Adaline smiled holding up Nate's gym bag.

"Thanks Ads."

"I'll be waiting out here." Cal nodded walking out into the hall.

Adaline watched as Nate shakily got up from the bed. It hurt her to see him struggling to just stand. She knew Nate hated being weak. It was probably killing him knowing that she had to see him like this.

"Do you want me to help you change?" The brunette questioned hopefully.

Nate sighed looking up at the girl he loved. He didn't want her to have to do everything for him. Nate hated relying on others but he knew he needed help. He also knew Adaline wouldn't judge him. That's why he nodded accepting her assistance.

It took Nate about 10 minutes to get dressed with the help of Adaline. When the girl went to get Cal she found him standing at the nurse's station. It was obvious he was flirting with the blonde nurse standing beside him.

Adaline let out a fake cough hoping to gain the older man's attention. It was extremely awkward when Cal finally noticed the brunette standing a couple feet away from him. "Um Nate's ready." She stuttered out.

"Right." Cal nodded turning towards the nurse. "Thank you so much for helping my son. It really means a lot." He then grabbed the wheelchair that was beside the nurse's station.

"I don't need that." Nate scoffed when he saw what his father was pushing.

"Don't argue." Cal rolled his eyes. "Just get in the chair Nate. The quicker you cooperate the quicker we can get out of here."