Part 16

Haruto was one his way home from his daily run when he noticed a moving truck parked on the road. Next to it, Haruto saw the man who smiled at him at the restaurant. He was trying to carry two boxes from the moving truck.

Since it seemed like they will be neighbours, Haurto decided to help like a normal person. "Hey, do you need some help?"

The man was startled and one of the boxes almost dropped. Luckily, Haruto caught it.

"You okay?" Haruto asked.

The man did not respond. He just stood there and looked at Haruto, as if he was frozen. Haruto was feeling quite awkward because of this. He doesn't know whether he should just leave or not.

Suddenly a light gasp from behind them snapped the man out of his daze. It was one of the man's friends from the restaurant.

"Hello, I'm Haruto, I live right there," Haruto introduced himself and nodded towards their house which is literally across the road. "Since it seems like we'll be neighbours, I wanted to offer my help."

The friend was quiet for a moment before he agreed enthusiastically. "I'm Jaehyuk by the way. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well. Where would you like me to put this?" Haruto asked as he gestured to the box that he caught.

"Oh just go inside, my mum will direct you where to put it." Jaehyuk responded.

Haruto went inside and was greeted by Jaehyuk's mother. "Oh hello! Are you one of Jaehyuk's new friends?"

"Hello, ma'am, I'm Haruto." Haruto greeted back. "I'm actually your neighbor. I live just across the road. I saw you guys were moving in and wanted to help."

"Oh my! What a sweet boy you are!" Jaehyuk's mum smiled. "Just put that box in the hallway upstairs. Thank you."

As he navigated through the house he saw some of Jaehyuk's friends. He greeted them with a small bow. Some of them couldn't help but freeze and stare. But Haruto just ignored them and dropped off the box.

Haruto kept himself busy and moved items one after another. At first, Jaehyuk's friends kept staring at him but they eventually stopped as they resumed moving.

When it was time for a lunch break, Jaehyuk finally had time to properly introduce Haruto to everyone.

"Hello everyone. Nice to meet all of you," Haruto bowed.

"Thank you for helping us Haruto! We're going to have lunch at XXX restaurant. Would you like to join us?" Jaehyuk's mother offered.

"Thank you ma'am. But my friends are probably waiting for me at home for lunch," Haruto refused.

"Ahh that's too bad. Next time then. Thank you again."

"No problem ma'am," Haruto said. "If you guys need any more help, just let me know. I don't have anything to do until uni starts."

"Oh right, let me give you my number, so you can ask me if you need anything." Jaehyuk said.

Haruto gave Jahyuk his phone so he could put in his number. "Thank you. It was nice meeting you all," Haruto bowed once more before finally leaving.