Part 73

After Junkyu blew up on him, Haruto decided to give him some space. He hoped that Junkyu was just having a tough time and didn't mean what he said. So after a few days, Haruto tried to contact Junkyu once again. But none of his messages or calls got through. It seems like he was blocked.

So Haruto decided to wait outside his house so he could catch even just a moment to talk to him when he returns home from work.

Mrs Kim, who was on her way home, spotted an unfamiliar car parked in front of their house. She squinted to look at who was inside and realised it was a familiar face. She smiled and waved at him as she approached his car.

Haruto, of course, got out of his car to greet Mrs Kim.

"Hello Mrs Kim."

"Oh my! Haruto! Is that you?" Mrs Kim said as she looked at the man in front of him. "You've gotten even more handsome!"

Haruto modestly refuted before asking how she's doing.

"I'm good!" Mrs Kim responded. "Have you eaten? Would you like to join us for dinner?"

Haruto politely refused. But Mirs Kim insisted, saying that Junkyu and Mr Kim will be delighted. Haruto seriously doubted that. Mr Kim might be delighted, but Junkyu sure as hell won't be. Unfortunately, since Mrs Kim insisted, he couldn't refuse. So he obediently followed Mrs Kim inside their house.

When Junkyu arrived home he was shocked to see Haruto chatting with Mr Kim in their lounge room. This annoyed Junkyu. He took it as Haruto didn't take him seriously and is trying to force his way in his life through his parents. "What are you doing here?" Junkyu asked in a not so friendly tone.

Haruto was surprised Junkyu was showing hostility in front of his parents. He thought he would at least act like they're on friendly terms. "Uh there's something I need to talk to you about."

"Then follow me." Junkyu led Haruto to his room. Once they were inside and the door was shut, Junkyu bluntly asked what he wanted.

"I just want to properly apologise. I understand I hurt you badly. I won't try to act like how we were in the past. I just want us to be friends again at least."

"No." Junkyu bluntly refused. He doesn't want to have anything to do with Haruto anymore.

After he went off at Haruto that day, he immediately regretted what he did. He kept thinking about how sad and hurt Haruto looked that day. When Haruto gave him that look he felt that his heart was being squeezed. He knew he hurt Haruto badly. But as he thought more about it, Haruto hurt him deeply too. And he does not want to risk going through that kind of pain again. Once was enough. If he let haruto back in his life again it was almost certain he would fall deep in love with him once more. In fact, his feelings have already started to resurface. Junkyu concluded that this was probably the reason why he suddenly just bursted out. He was unconsciously trying to stop himself from falling onto Haruto's mercy once more. With that in mind, Junkyu hardened his heart.

"Junkyu-"

Haruto was about to convince him to change his mind but Junkyu cut him off. "Haruto. Please. I'm happier without you. I don't want you coming back here to mess up my life."

Haruto was rendered speechless. He doesn't know what to say to that.

"So please, leave me alone. I don't want anything to do with you."

Haruto fought back the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes. "I understand." He turned around and left Junkyu's room. He said some excuse to Mr and Mrs Kim and bid them farewell.