Part 26

"You know where to go right?" Junkyu asked as he buckled his seatbelt.

"123 Street, Jecheon right? I've already inputted it in the navigator," Haruto responded. "So all should be well unless you gave me the wrong address."

"Then let's go! I'm DJ-ing," Junkyu grinned.

"Goodmorning Korea! Today I'll be introducing our guest, Mr. Watanabe Haruto to Korea's best road trip songs!" Junkyu was announced in a voice that mimics radio hosts.

"Let's start by hyping things up with some Big Bang!" Junkyu started playing Fantastic Baby by Big Bang. He was singing along to the song loudly. When the chorus is about to drop, Junkyu put his hands in front of Haruto pretending he was holding a mic. He was expecting Haruto to sing the iconic line (Wow, fantastic baby).

But Haruto didn't sing which made Junkyu whine, "Aw, come on! Vibe with me! You should know this song. Everyone and their mom knows this song. Big Bang is big in Japan."

Fortunately, Haruto does know the song. How could he not? That was the most overplayed song in Japan back in 2013. So Haruto decided to Humor Junkyu and sing along.

The rest of the ride Junkyu and Haruto talked and sang along to different songs. Truthfully, it was mostly Junkyu singing his lungs out while Haruto laughed at him.

When they arrived at their destination, Haruto was quite stunned.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

"Yeah," Haruto agreed. The scenery was beautiful. The place that Junkyu suggested was a hill that overlooks Jecheon.

The two of them set up for a picnic. Junkyu brought plenty of food. He even brought pillows and blankets as well as books and a kite. He was fully prepared.

Since the weather is nice, they both laid down and watched the clouds pass by. It was quite tranquil. Haruto, who's been restricted all his life finally had the chance to experience this kind of feeling. He was very... content.

He took a deep satisfied breath and savoured everything in that moment. The soft warm heat of the sun, the light breeze grazing on his skin, the smell of fresh air... even Junky's little giggle every now and then when he sees a weird shaped cloud. At that moment, everything was perfect.

After a while, Haruto fell asleep. Junkyu, who's a hyperactive ball of sunshine, wanted to fly a kite but decided against it when he saw Haruto peacefully sleeping. So Junkyu decided to read instead. He sat next to Haruto with his back against the sun, to block the sunlight from Haruto's sleeping face.

•♥•♥•♥•

When Haruto woke up, he found Junkyu reading a book beside him.

"Oh hello sleepy head," Junkyu smiled. Haruto couldn't help but smile back. Since Junkyu's back was against the sun, his body was outlined by a ray of light. It made him look angelic. To be really honest, at that moment, Haruto felt as if Junkyu really was an angel sent to him. An angel that could show him a whole new world, a normal world, a tranquil world where he can feel content.

"If you're not sleepy anymore, let's go fly a kite!"

"Okay," Haruto agreed. "But I don't know how to."

"Don't worry, I'll teach you."

•♥•♥•♥•

The rest of the day, Haruto did everything that Junkyu suggested. From flying a kite, taking pictures, and even trying to catch a dragonfly. He never felt so carefree. It's like Junkyu was teaching him how to live.

Haruto was somewhat disappointed when they had to pack up and prepare to go home. He really wanted to extend the day just a little bit further. Thankfully Junkyu wanted to watch the sun set.

"At times like this, no matter how beautiful the sunset is, sometimes I hate it," Junkyu said.

"Why?" Haruto asked.

"Because when you're having fun, you don't want the day to end."

Haruto couldn't agree more. He doesn't know when he'll experience this kind of feeling again. He wanted to savour it a bit more. "Thank you for showing me this place."

"You're welcome." Junkyu gave a soft smile.