Part 36

Ruto was feeling extremely guilty. Jihoon was right. He was a terrible friend. He didn't think of the backlash Junkyu might face. It didn't even cross his mind.

To be really honest all he thought was if he proved that he's taken and is not interested in girls, then they would leave him alone.

So throughout the night Haruto brainstormed for possible solutions to his dilemma. He also carefully thought of what excuse to tell Junkyu.

Unfortunately the only solution he could come up with was to take legal action. He really didn't want to make a big deal out of this but he has no choice.

The following morning, he went to pick Junkyu up.

"Hey Kyu, forget what I said yesterday. You don't need to pretend to be my boyfriend anymore."

"What why?"

"I realised that it's not fair to you. The girls will hate on you instead. So last night I called my lawyer and I will just sue all the girls who crossed the line," Haruto explained.

"I'm sorry I didn't consider you," Haruto sofly apologised. Guilt was evident in his voice.

Junkyu looked at Haruto. What the heck happened?

•♥•♥•♥•

Since Haruto had to meet with his lawyers straight after class, Junkyu waited for Jihoon so that they could go home together.

"Haruto suddenly didn't want me to be his pretend boyfriend anymore." Junkyu told Jihoon.

"Oh. That's good," Jihoon responded.

Jihoon's reaction made Junkyu skeptical. "How come you don't seem surprised... Like you already know it."

Jihoon looked away and did not respond.

"Did you say something to him?"

Jihoon remained quiet. He knows his friend was looking forward to being Haruto's fake boyfriend. But he couldn't let him do it at the expense of his safety. He saw what the girls tried to do to Haruto. Someone even tried to spike his drink at the canteen. Who knows what they'll do to Junkyu if they found out he was Haruto's boyfriend.

Junkyu took Jihoon's silence as confirmation that he did tell Haruto something. "What did you tell him?"

But Jihoon did not say a thing.

"Park Jihoon. What did you tell him?" Junkyu asked again.

Seeing that Junkyu is getting annoyed, Jihoon finally responded, "I told him he shouldn't make you do it,"

Junkyu did not believe that was all he said to Haruto. "Tell me exactly what you said to him."

Jihoon went quiet once more.

"Park Jihoon. You better tell me exactly what you said to him right now," Junkyu demanded with a threatening voice.

Jihoon knows his friend is at his limit. So he took his phone out and showed his conversation with Haruto.

"What the hell Jihoon?" Junkyu was angry. "Why did you say that to him?"

"Because if he saw you as a friend he wouldn't put you at risk," Jihoon explained himself. "I don't want to see you put yourself at risk for some stupid crush."

"Forget my crush on him. Ruto is a good friend of mine. I feel as close to him as you guys. If you guys were in his position I wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing for you guys."

"You don't know him well enough so I suggest you don't judge him. He wouldn't ask it of me if he wasn't desperate. I was his last resort. You didn't see it, but it took all his courage to even ask me for help and you told him he's a bad friend for doing it?"

"If you were in my position and it was Hyunsuk in Haruto's position, you wouldn't hesitate to do it," Junkyu added to his argument.

"That's-" Jihoon wanted to refute Junkyu but he couldn't. He was right. If Hyunsuk was in the same position he would probably even volunteer himself to be the shield.

"I'm sorry Kyu. I'm just worried for you."

"I know. But I'm worried for him too. I would feel guilty if I see him get harassed knowing I could have done something about it."