Part 62

It has been three weeks since Junkyu was kidnaped. All the men involved were put to prison. However, Cho Dohwan is still at large. He was quite cunning. He made sure Junkyu's abduction could not be traced to him. He hired mercenaries anonymously.

The mercenaries have no idea who hired them. They said they were contacted by an anonymous caller and were given a 100k deposit in cash via a rented locker. All they know is that whoever hired them gave them all the information they needed to make the abduction successful. They were supposed to leave Junkyu in the abandoned warehouse where the rest of their payment was waiting. But they got greedy and wanted to ask for more money. And that's when the police arrived.

Because of this, Haruto increased the number of bodyguards around Junkyu and his parents. They now have three bodyguards each with them at all times.

Haruto also decided to pull some strings and crack down on Cho Dohwan's businesses to find illegal activities that could put him into jail. Hyunsuk and the rest of the Japanese boys have been helping him do so.

After weeks of rigorous investigating and utilising connections, the boys managed to find enough evidence to put Cho Dohwan in jail. Eventually, the police informed them that they arrested Cho Dohwan.

This was music to Haruto's ears. He immediately went to Junkyu's house to tell him the good news.

When Junkyu opened the door, Haruto immediately pulled him into a hug. "It's over Kyu! Cho Dohwan has been arrested. You're safe now."

Haruto expected Junkyu to be happy about this news. But when he pulled back, Junkyu remained expressionless. "That's good."

Haruto's mood dropped. Ever since his abduction, Junkyu has been acting strange. Haruto couldn't put his finger on it but it's like he's lifeless now. His smiles seemed forced and he would often make excuses to avoid get togethers or whenever someone asks him to hang out.

Haruto has already asked him multiple times what was wrong but he always says it's nothing.

"What happened to you?" He helplessly asked Junkyu. "You should be happy right now. You and your parents will be safe."

"Was he given a death sentence?" Junkyu asked.

"No."

"Lifetime imprisonment?"

"No..."

"Then there's nothing to be happy about." Junkyu said. "After he's served his time in prison. He'll come back to get revenge on us."

"You guys should have just let him take me. At least my parents will be safe." Junkyu mumbled.

"Seriously?" Junkyu's words annoyed Haruto. "You believe that he'll leave your parents alone once you come with him?"

"Don't be naive Junkyu." Haruto scoffed. "Even if he somehow honors his word, do you really think that your parents won't blame themselves if you did that for them?"

"Put yourself in their position. Do you think you'll be able to live with yourself knowing your mom sacrificed herself for you?"

"You are your parent's pride and joy. Even seeing you upset breaks their hearts." Haruto paused for a short while before adding, "Did you know that your parents almost literally got down on their knees and begged me to keep you safe?"

"You need to get it through your head that there are people who love you and can't live without you. You surrendering to that man is the same as throwing their life away."

"So stop pushing us away."

Junkyu remained silent. Seeing as Junkyu has nothing to say, Haruto got even more annoyed. So he just turned around and left.