Part 54

"It's Mrs Kim's birthday in two days. Have you gotten her a present yet?" Haruto asked.

Junkyu stopped in his tracks. "Crap! I totally forgot!" There was so much going on the past week that he completely forgot about his mom's birthday.

Junkyu gave Haruto a pleading look.

Haruto chuckled at Junkyu. But he knew exactly what Junkyu wanted. "We'll stop by the mall on the way home."

•♥•♥•♥•

"Do you have any idea what you want to get her?"

"I want to get her a teapot set. She's been really into brewing tea recently. I think the really fancy teapots in your house really influenced her."

"Oh she can use those whenever she wants."

"She doesn't want to because she's scared she might break them. So I want to get her own set so she can use them wherever."

Haruto nodded and asked Junkyu to lead the way to the shop.

•♥•♥•♥•

Junkyu and Haruto were browsing through the teapot sets at a shop.

"This one looks pretty, don't you think?"

"Yeah, it does." Haruto agreed.

"How much for this?" Junkyu asked the lady assisting them.

"This one is $350 for the set." The lady answered.

"It's a bit pricey..." Junkyu hesitated. He could afford it thanks to the money he got by tutoring the Japanese boys. But his mom might get annoyed if she finds out that she spent this much money on him. But at the same time he really wants to spoil his mom.

In the end, Junkyu decided to get the set anyway. He figured it should be fine as long as she doesnt find out its price.

"Help me look for a set for your mom too," Haruto said.

"You can't give the same gift as me!" Junkyu glared at Haruto. "Don't you dare upstage me on my own mom's birthday."

"Please. I'm not Yuta." Haruto chuckled. "I'm talking about a set of plates."

"Oh, in that case, get her that really nice flower pattern I saw earlier."

•♥•♥•♥•

After buying Mrs Kim's gift, the two of them decided to eat out. Junkyu as usual was being indecisive so he just told Haruto to choose. But Junkyu didn't expect Haruto to bring him to a high class Japanese restaurant.

"Haruto! Why'd you bring me here!?" Junkyu looked around and saw that everyone was wearing nice clothes, while they were just wearing casual clothes. "We're severely underdressed!"

"It's fine. There's no actual dress code in here. Besides, we'll be in a private room anyway."

The staff obviously recognised Haruto and welcomed the two of them warmly. "This way please your highness."

Junkyu reluctantly followed Haruto and the staff to the private room. To be really honest, Junkyu was expecting a huge private room like the one they often get when they all eat out. But the private room that they were led to this time was small and cozy. In the middle was a traditional Japanese table where one would need to sit on the floor to eat. There are two elegant cushions with back support on both sides. Just opposite the entrance to the room was a small garden waterfall surrounded by bonsais and succulents.

The room looked so beautiful. It was definitely the prettiest private room that he'd seen. Well, it's not like he's been to a lot of private rooms... Scratch that, he's only ever been to private rooms when he's with the Japanese boys.

Junkyu looked at the menu and his eye sockets almost popped out. "Haruto what is this!?!" Junkyu exclaimed. "20 dollars for a piece of sushi? This is downright extortion."

"Don't worry, I get a 50% discount. Just forget about the price this time. I've been really craving some sushi."

"We can get sushi at cheaper places!"

"Yes but it doesn't taste like the ones from Japan." Haruto argued. "This place serves the most authentic type of Japanese food."

Junkyu eventually gave in and tried his best to ignore the price. However, he still unconsciously only ordered the ones that are relatively cheaper.

At first, Junkyu was reluctant to eat as the food was too expensive and was presented too beautifully. Each plate looked like art. He couldn't bear to ruin it. But Haruto said that if he doesn't eat it, the food will be wasted. And thus Junkyu eventually caved in and ate. And once he tasted how delicious the dishes were, he no longer hesitated to devour the food.

Haruto watched Junkyu's excited expression every time a new dish was presented. He would fully inspect each plate, take a picture, then he would carefully slice a piece and take a bite.

Haruto was just fascinated by Junkyu's expressions.

Junkyu somehow got some sauce on his cheek. So Haruto leaned forward to wipe it off him. Junkyu was startled and his heart rate increased. He should be used to this by now. Whenever he's being messy or careless, Haruto would personally clean up for him. And every time it happens, Junkyu has to keep reminding himself that it is impossible between them, and that Haruto is just taking care of him.

He momentarily paused as he took in everything around him. From the overtly expensive food, to the beautiful private room. This was Haruto's world. Full of beautiful and expensive things. He doesn't belong in it. Once he thought of this, his erratic heart calmed down.

A prince belongs in a castle with his princess.

No matter where he looks, Junkyu has no place in Haruto's world.