Part 37

Ever since Haruto started taking legal action against the girls who crossed the line, he's been too busy to keep picking and dropping Junkyu off. Or at least that's his excuse to Junkyu. Haruto is very busy, everyday he'd be meeting his lawyer about the lawsuits. But technically he should still have time to pick up Junkyu along the way on the days they have uni at the same time. After all, Junkyu's house is on the way to uni.

But Haruto has been feeling so guilty that he doesn't know how to face Junkyu. So he's been avoiding him.

Junkyu was frustrated about this and wanted to confront Haruto face to face but he always finds an excuse not to. Finally, Junkyu had enough so he asked Asahi if he could visit their house to talk to Haruto.

"Hey Junkyu, Haruto is in his room," Asahi greeted Junkyu as he opened the door for him.

"Thanks Asahi," Junkyu immediately went upstairs to Haruto's room.

"Come in," Haruto called out after Junkyu knocked on his door.

When Haruto saw Junkyu walk in his room, he slightly panicked. "Junkyu. What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you," Junkyu said.

"Oh, what can I do for you?" Haruto asked.

Junkyu frowned at his words. It sounded too formal. Like they weren't friends at all. Junkyu decided to cut to the chase and asked, "Ruto why are you avoiding me?"

"What do you mean?" Haruto avoided Junkyu's eyes. "I'm not avoiding you. I've just been really busy."

"Haruto, you don't even want to look me in the eye," Junkyu was getting frustrated. But seeing Haruto act all fidgety and anxious made him calm down. "Haruto, what's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong. I'm just really busy with handling the legal stuff."

"That's obviously a lie. Are you avoiding me because you have no use for me anymore?" Junkyu doesn't really think this is the case. At least, he thinks Haruto is not that type of guy. But Junkyu is not going to lie, it definitely crossed his mind.

"What? Of course not!" Haruto finally looked at Junkyu.

"Then why?"

Haruto did not respond. This made Junkyu irritated. "Don't act like you're mute. I can't read your mind Haruto. You have to tell me so that we won't have any misunderstandings between us."

But Haruto still remained quiet. Junkyu had enough and was about to leave when he heard Haruto softly say, "Because I don't know how to face you."

"I feel guilty. I feel like I'm a terrible friend. I didn't think of the consequences you'd have to face," Haruto finally explained himself. "I was too inconsiderate."

Junkyu felt his annoyance instantly disappear. He walked closer and squatted in front of Haruto who was sitting on his desk. "Ruto... We're friends right?"

Haruto nodded with his head bowed down. Haruto himself is still unaware, but in front of Junkyu, Japan's Ice prince has been reduced to a meek child.

"If I was in your position, wouldn't you help me regardless of all the hate you'd face?" Junkyu asked as if he was coaxing a child.

Haruto did not respond verbally. He was quite embarrassed to admit it. But he knew in his mind that the answer was without a doubt 'Yes'. He was used to being hated for all sort of stupid reasons anyway.

Seeing Haruto remain silent, Junkyu decided to force out the answer from him. He noticed Haruto doesn't like to say much. Right now he's like a child who has selective mutism.  "You won't?"

"I would."

"Then how would you feel if I suddenly told you I don't need your help anymore and started avoiding you?"

Haruto was quiet once more.The truth was he doesn't know how he'd feel. At the moment, he can't even comprehend it. He's feeling too guilty and embarrassed.

Junkyu was getting annoyed again because of Haruto's silence. "Can you please respond? I feel like I'm talking to a wall here."

Seeing as Junkyu was getting annoyed again. Haruto mumbled a response, "I don't know."

"You don't know?" Junkyu scoffed. "I'll tell you how I felt. I felt bad. I felt like I let you down. But also annoyed that you were ignoring me."

"I'm sorry Kyu." Haruto meekly apologised. His head hung even lower as if he wanted to disappear.

Seeing him like this, Junkyu's annoyance dissipated once more. And thus his tone of voice went back to that of an adult coaxing a child. "If you're really sorry then stop avoiding me."

Haruto again did not respond, Junkyu waited for a while before repeating, "Don't avoid me anymore okay?"

"Okay," Haruto agreed.