Part 61

Haruto and Asahi Just finished meeting with the Japanese ambassador and were about to get ready for the evening event.

Haruto checked his phone and noticed he got a crap ton of missed calls. Majority were from Jaehyuk, some were from an unknown number and some were from Mr Kim.

Haruto got a bad feeling. He immediately tried to call Junkyu but the phone didn't even ring. "The number you've dialed is not in service..."

Next, he called Junkyu's bodyguard. But he was directed to the same automated response, "The number you've dialed is not in service..."

Haruto's palms were beginning to sweat in worry as he called Mr Kim.

"Hello?" Mr Kim answered with a shaky voice.

"Mr Kim? This is Haruto."

"Oh Haruto! Help us. Junkyu has gone missing." Mr Kim almost sobbed.

Haruto almost dropped the phone in shock. He had a feeling something bad had happened but hearing it from Mr Kim shook him to the core.

"How did this happen?" Haruto asked as he rushed to the parking lot. Asahi who just read Jaehyuk's text followed him.

"He went to the supermarket with Jaehyuk. Jaehyuk said he went to the bathroom and just never came back."

"Have you contacted the police?"

"We did. We're at the X police station right now."

"Okay. I'll be there soon Mr Kim." Haruto said before hanging up. Asahi and Haruto got in the car.

"Call Hyunsuk for me." Haruto asked Asahi. He wanted to call Hyunsuk himself but he was about to drive. "Fill him in and ask him to meet us at X police station."

Asahi nodded and did as he was told.

•♥•♥•♥•

When Haruto got to the police station, Mr & Mrs Kim, Jaehyuk and Hyunsuk were all walking out.

"What's going on?" Haruto asked.

"We already filed the report. They said they'll contact us if they get any news." Mr Kim explained.

Haruto clenched his jaw and fist. He hates this. He shouldn't have agreed to go to that stupid event. "Hyunsuk. Do you have any ties to the mall?" Haruto asked Hyunsuk.

"Yes. I do."

"Pull some strings for me and ask them to let us check the security cameras."

Hyunsuk nodded and took his phone out to make calls.

"Asahi, please send Mr and Mrs Kim home." Mr and Mrs Kim were about to protest, but Haruto convinced them that it would be best for them to stay at home where they could be protected.

Mrs Kim was still not convinced but Mr Kim knew that Haruto was right. It's not like they could do anything after all. So Mr and Mrs Kim reluctantly went home with Asahi.

"Jae, you have to come with us and fill me in on exactly what happened."

•♥•♥•♥•

On the way to the mall, Jaehyuk explained exactly what happened.

"Junkyu said he was just going to the restroom and I didn't think much of it. Because I knew his bodyguard was tailing him."

"But after 15 minutes he didn't come back. I started to get worried. So I tried calling him but he wasn't answering so I went to the restroom. But I couldn't find him or his bodyguard."

"I even went to the service desk and asked the lady to make an announcement looking for him but no one came."

After Jaehyuk's explanation Haruto immediately called the company in which he hired the bodyguard from. They are aware that Junkyu's bodyguard has been compromised. The bodyguard activated a distress signal with his device. Apparently they tried contacting Haruto as soon as they found out, but he didn't answer. They're just about to send some men to rescue them.

"Good. Send me the location. We'll meet you there." Haruto ordered. "And keep me updated."

"Yes sir."

"Hyunsuk, change of plans, no need to go to the mall. The security agency knows where they are." Haruto said as he punched in the address in the GPS. He also called the police to inform them.

•♥•♥•♥•

Haruto, Hyunsuk and Jaehyuk arrived outside an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of Chungju. The police were also there with the agency. The police instructed them to stay outside and out of the radar just in case.

Since the police were involved, the agency could only sit back and let the police take over. They gave all the information they acquired to the police.

Haruto wanted to go in himself but the police won't let him. He could only stay there and wait.

15 minutes after the police instigated the rescue mission, Haruto heard gun shots.

His heart stopped beating and his body started shaking in fear. He was losing his mind. He felt like his whole world was collapsing and he couldn't do anything about it.

'God, please keep Junkyu safe.' Haruto muttered. He kept whispering the same phrase to himself over and over.

Hyunsuk and Jaehyuk were holding him for support. "He'll be fine Ruto," Hyunsuk comforted him.

•♥•♥•♥•

Half an hour later he heard news over the coms that they successfully got Junkyu and that he's fine.

When Haruto heard this, he felt like he could finally breathe again.

Junkyu came out a moment later. Haruto immediately ran to him and pulled him in his arms.

"Are you okay?" Haruto asked and assessed Junkyu from head to toe. He had a bruise on his arm and his face.

"I'm fine, Ruto." Junkyu assured him. "Just some minor bruises."

Haruto brought Junkyu to the ambulance that was waiting on standby. He watched as the paramedic assessed Junkyu for injuries.

Junkyu looked at him and gave him a weak smile. It was at that moment Haruto realized something. Something that helped him make a decision that will change his life.