Part 24

"I don't know what to do Kyu." Jihoon's head is a mess. Ever since the night before the trip with the Japanese boys, Jeongwoo has been distant to him.

Jeongwoo wasn't ignoring him per say. He would still talk and joke around with Jihoon. But Jihoon can tell that Jeongwoo was treading carefully around him.

On top of that, he fears that Jeongwoo thinks that he's chosen Hyunsuk over their friendship. For example, when Jeongwoo said "You were the first one to abandon us" in the group chat. Even though everyone knew it meant that Jihoon was the first to abandon the single life, he felt that Jeongwoo actually meant something else.

Junkyu looked at his helpless friend. He also doesn't know what to do. He understands where Jeongwoo was coming from. Truth be told, if he was in Jeongwoo's position, he wouldn't want anything to do with Hyunsuk and his company at all. But Hyunsuk is innocent in this matter. His only fault was that he was the heir to the company. Blaming him for something he has no control over is just unfair.

Jihoon is stuck in a very awkward situation, on one hand there is his long time friend, on the other is the guy he really likes.

"Maybe just leave things as they are and wait for the two of them to be friends?" Junkyu suggested. "Jeongwoo isn't narrow minded, he knows Hyunsuk is innocent. He'll eventually come around."

"But what if he doesn't?" Jihoon knows that there is a possibility that his relationship with Jeongwoo will deteriorate further.

"Maybe I should just stay away from Hyunsuk?" Jihoon asked. "It's not like we're officially together yet."

"You'd just be hurting Hyunsuk and yourself," Junkyu reasoned. "Jeongwoo wouldn't want you to suffer at his expense."

"But I don't want him to suffer at my expense either!" Jihoon knows that Jeongwoo would rather not be involved with Hyunsuk. He feels very guilty that Jeongwoo is putting up with Hyunsuk just for him.

"I'm sorry Jihoon," Junkyu mumbled to his friend who was curled up on a corner. Junkyu doesn't know what to say or do to console his friend so he just kept his mouth shut and slowly patted his back. He's never seen Jihoon like this. Jihoon is the strongest person in their group, physically and mentally. He was always the one taking care of the others when things gets tough.

Jihoon didn't say anything else after that. He just leaned his head against Junkyu's shoulders and stared into space.

•♥•♥•♥•

The following day, Haruto picked up Junkyu from his house. Junkyu had dark eyebags visible. He wasn't able to sleep last night. He was worrying about Jihoon and thinking of ways to help his best friend.

"You okay?" Haruto asked when he noticed Junkyu's state.

"I'm fine," Junkyu mumbled.

"That's obviously a lie," Haruto said. "What's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's nothing."

Haruto looked at Junkyu skeptically but decided not to push further. He started the car and quietly drove to Yedam's place.

When they reached the Japanese residence, Haruto unlocked the doors beside the passenger seat where Junkyu was sitting.

"You guys go in first, Junkyu and I have somewhere to go to," Haruto said to Yedam and Doyoung.

"What?" Junkyu gave Haruto a confused look. But Haruto kept quiet, clearly not intending to explain what he meant.

Haruto waited for Yedam and Doyoung to get out of the car before he gave Asahi a call. "I'm taking your tutor for today. So you go help Jaehyuk with groceries instead," he told Asahi in Japanese.

"Okay." Hearing Haruto's tone, Asahi agreed without question. When Haruto uses that tone, Asahi knows better than to ask questions. Better yet, when he uses this tone, he's in no position to ask questions. This is the tone that Haruto often uses as the crown prince. When he uses this tone, his word is law. There is no room for argument.

To be really honest, Asahi hates it when Haruto uses this tone on him outside of official duties. It makes him feel like he's just one of his subordinates rather than his friend. But he knows Haruto doesn't really think this way. This tone just comes out unconsciously sometimes when he's extremely determined or serious.

"Haruto, where are we going?" Junkyu asked as Haruto started driving again.

"I don't know actually. I'm just sick of Junghwan and Yuta." This was the truth. Haruto was in fact really sick of Junghwan and Yuta. Every time Asahi, Mashiho and Yoshi got tutored, he was stuck with Junghwan and Yuta who didn't want to do anything but play games. All he hears is their bickering and shouting. Since Junkyu also looks like he's having a tough time, he thought it was best for both of them to have a break and go for a drive.

"Oh" was all Junkyu said before he stared out the window. Haruto could tell that his mind was occupied. But he didn't ask questions, he just drove around to relax his own mind.

After half an hour of silence, Junkyu finally spoke, "Hey Haruto."

"Yes?"

"Let's say you have a friend... let's call him Jun. So Jun likes a guy who's really rich. And the rich guy likes him back. But you and Jun have another friend who doesn't like the rich guy because his company did something bad to their family. But the rich guy personally had nothing to do with it."

"But now since the rich guy and Jun likes each other, your other friend has become distant to Jun. So now Jun is stuck between the guy that he likes and his friend. He doesn't want to lose the guy he likes but he also doesn't want to lose his friend. What do you think Jun should do?"

"Hmm, this is a tough one." If Haruto had to guess, the rich guy he's referring to is definitely Hyunsuk. If that's the case, then Jun must be Jihoon. But who is the friend that hates Hyunsuk?

"Does the rich guy know that the friend doesn't like him?" Haruto asked.

"No, the rich guy doesn't know. The friend is very nice, so he is civil to the rich guy. But since Jun and the rich guy have a thing going on, the friend is treading carefully around them because he is not comfortable with the rich guy. So even though the friend is trying his best, Jun can tell that his friend is being careful around him which makes him sad."

"In that case, I would tell Jun to tell the rich guy that his company did something bad to his friend's family."

"Why?" Junkyu asked.

"Because if the rich guy really likes Jun, he would do his best to make it up to the friend. If the rich guy doesn't do anything about it, then it would mean he doesn't care enough about Jun." Haruto explained. "If he doesn't care enough about Jun, then I would then suggest Jun just cut him off. He shouldn't make his friend suffer for someone not even worthy of his time."

"That actually makes sense," Junkyu mumbled. His head was thinking of Haruto's suggestion and what the consequences are should Jihoon do it.

After a while, Junkyu's phone rang. It was Jihoon.

"Kyu, I've cut him off." Jihoon's shaky voice said through the phone.

"What do you mean?" Junkyu asked.

"Hyunsuk. I cut him off. I told him we shouldn't talk to each other anymore."

"What? Why?" Junkyu asked. He didn't even get to tell him about Haruto's suggestion.

"I don't know.... I don't know..." Jihoon repeatedly whispered. Pain was evident in his voice.

"Where are you right now?"

"I'm at home."

"I'll come over. Wait for me," Junkyu said before hanging up and turning to Haruto. "Haruto, I'm sorry but can you please bring me to Jihoon's place? It's just five minutes away from my house."

"Okay."