Part 42

Yuta's cocktail party will be held at Hyunsuk's equestrian club estate. It was a couple of hours drive from Seoul, so the boys decided to make the most of it and go to the estate a day early. They all agreed to meet at the Japanese residence at 5 am so that they can all go together in Hyunsuk's RV. 

"Morning," Junkyu mumbled as he dragged himself inside Haruto's car.  It was 4:30am, he was barely awake. Because they were meeting at the Japanese residence, Haruto offered to pick Junkyu, Jihoon, and Yedam up, while Mashiho picked up the others. They knew it would be troublesome for them to travel so early in the morning.

Haruto noticed that Junkyu, who was resuming his sleep, forgot to put on his seatbelt. "You're seriously a child," Haruto mumbled as he leaned over to put Junky's seatbelt on. If Haruto was driving, everyone always left the passenger seat for Junkyu. It became an unspoken rule ever since they started carpooling.

When they arrived at the Japanese residence, the RV and the rest of the boys were already waiting for them.

"Junkyu, wake up," Haruto gently shook Junkyu. But Junkyu didn't wake up. Instead, he readjusted himself to a more comfortable position before mumbling, "Five more minutes mom."

Haruto had no choice but to use drastic measures. He pinched Junkyu's nose to hinder his breathing and force him to wake up.

Junkyu's eyes instantly shot open. "What the heck Ruto?!"

"Couldn't you have woken me up nicely?" Junkyu grumbled as he rubbed his nose.

"I tried. You weren't budging." Haruto explained. "Let's go, they're already waiting for us in the RV."

In the RV, majority of the boys went straight to the beds and couches to continue their sleep. Only Haruto, Junkyu, Hyunsuk, and Jihoon were awake. They were all sitting on the dining table because all the other chairs were occupied by the other boys who were fast asleep.

Jihoon and Junkyu were sitting together on one side of the table, while Haruto and Hyunsuk were sitting together on the opposite side. The atmosphere was quite awkward and tense. It was making Junkyu quite uncomfortable, but it's not like he can go anywhere else. There was no other place he could sit at and the only available bed left was Hyunsuk's. Unfortunately, he wasn't close enough with Hyunsuk to shamelessly ask to sleep on his bed.

Haruto on the other hand, was a different story. "Hey Hyunsuk, I'm a bit sleepy, let us borrow your bed a bit."

"Oh sure," Hyunsuk agreed.

"Thanks." Haruto stood up and signaled Junkyu to follow him, "Let's go."

"Huh- what?" Junkyu was in a state of confusion and shock.

"Let's go back to sleep. I know you're still sleepy."

"No, I-" Haruto took Junkyu's hand and dragged him to Hyunsuk's bedroom before he could even refuse.

•♥•♥•♥•

When they got into Hyunsuk's room Junkyu gave Haruto a disapproving look. "Why'd you drag me here. I'm not sleepy anymore."

"Oh good, then you can play with me on the Switch." Haruto responded.

"I'm going back." Junkyu didn't want to leave Jihoon along with Hyunsuk.

"Don't," Haruto grabbed Junkyu's arm once more to stop him from leaving. "The two of them need to talk."

"What do you mean?"

"They need to resolve whatever is happening between them. Whether it means properly ending their relationship and having closure or patching up what they had. Either way they have to do something about it because with all of us being friends, they're bound to meet each other in the future." Haruto explained. This was probably the only time he could give Jihoon and Hyunsuk some time alone without their friends noticing. To be really honest, Haruto has been concerned about Hyunsuk and Jihoon. He's become close to Hyunsuk and considers Jihoon his friend. Seeing the two of them distressed, actually bothers him. At first he tried his best to respect Jihoon's decision and help them stay away from each other, but ever since they were paired up for Yuta's birthweek, he saw how uncomfortable they are. So Haruto eventually told Hyunsuk that he should talk to Jihoon to either get closure and part amicably, or patch their relationship up, either way they had to resolve the awkwardness between them.