Part 43

When they arrived at the estate, the boys were pretty excited to ride the horses. But none of the Korean boys (except Hyunsuk) have any experience in horse riding. Hyunsuk initially arranged trainers for the beginners, but since Mashiho insisted on teaching Doyoung, the rest of the Korean boys also wanted to learn from the Japanese boys so that they're more comfortable. Everyone, besides Yuta who was the king of the week, all naturally partnered up with the korean they're closest too. Unfortunately this meant Jihoon will be stuck with Hyunsuk again.

"I want to be partners with Hyunsuk!" Junkyu didn't want Hyunsuk with Jihoon again. He saw his friend almost breakdown earlier. There was no way he was going to risk it again.

"Oh? Why not Haruto? Did you guys fight?" Junghwan asked.

"No."

"Yeah we had a little argument earlier, so I'll be taking Junkyu." Haruto grabbed Junkyu's arm and dragged him away from everyone.

"Haruto, what are you doing? Let me go!" Junkyu struggled to escape from Haruto's grasp.

Once they were far away from the others, he let go of Junkyu's arms. "Just trust me one more time and let them talk it out."

"No!" Junkyu refused. "They talked it out earlier and it didn't end well. I don't want the two of them together again."

"Hyunsuk already made the calls. He's trying to get to the bottom of what happened. He'll make things right with Jeongwoo's family, that's why I'm giving them some time alone. Let him tell Jihoon."

Junkyu looked at Haruto skeptically.

"Jihoon is my friend too. You know I also wouldn't let Hyunsuk near him if he would just hurt Jihoon," Haruto assured him. "So just trust me one more time and give them some time alone."

Junkyu was still doubtful but he decided to trust Haruto once more. It was true that Haruto was very active in trying to get Hyunsuk away from Jihoon before. He's not so sure what happened, but recently, Haruto's been trying to get the two of them to talk.

"If Jihoon breaks down because of him one more time, we'll be withdrawing ourselves from the Korean-Japanese alliance as long as Hyunsuk is present."

"Wait what?" This time, it was Haruto's turn to frown. "That's a bit extreme isn't it?"

"No. Jihoon is the strongest person I know. I've never seen him break down until Hyunsuk. If he makes Jihoon break down one more time, we will avoid any gathering with him around."

Seeing as Junkyu was determined, Haruto decided to drop the topic and hoped Hyunsuk does not screw things up. "Okay. Let's get changed into riding attire."

Once the boys finished changing, they all went to the stables to pick horses. The stable manager helped the Korean boys choose gentle horses that are easy to handle. The Japanese boys on the other hand, chose their own horses based on their instinct, they wanted to have a race later to determine who chose the fastest horse.

The Japanese boys and Hyunsuk, all give the Korean boys instructions on how to ride. After the basic instructions were given, the boys all broke off into their pairs.

Junkyu was excited but scared at the same time. Haruto noticed this and patted Junkyu's head in assurance. "Don't be scared. I'll be guiding your horse the whole time."

Junkyu nodded in acknowledgement, he was slightly assured.

"You remember the steps we told you in how to mount the horse?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. Go ahead and mount then. I'll keep the horse steady."

Junkyu struggled for a bit, but eventually succeeded in mounting the horse. He proudly grinned at Haruto.