Part 38

After Junkyu confronted Haruto, their relationship has pretty much gone back to how it was. Haruto once again started picking Junkyu up and dropping him off when he could.

"What's this?" Junkyu asked as he lifted up the paper bag that was on the passenger seat.

"Your breakfast," Haruto responded.

"Ruto specifically asked me to make you a portion because he said you probably sleep in again and won't have time to eat." Jaehyuk added.

Haruto glared at Jaehyuk through the rearview mirror.

"Hey, what about me?" Jihoon complained.

"You're the type of guy that's in charge of cooking the breakfast, so I'm assuming you won't need it." Haruto responded.

Jaehyuk and Asahi who were watching everything from the back seat couldn't help but snicker. Nice excuse bestie.

When they arrived in Econ class, there was a red envelope on Haruto's usual seat. It had his name written on the back along with hearts drawn all over it. It was clearly a love letter.

Ever since the news of Haruto suing girls who harass him spread, the girls became more tamed. They stopped the physical harassment and would only try to approach Haruto now to give gifts and love letters.

Unfortunately, one particular girl was not phased by Haruto's lawsuit. That girl is of course Kim Dana.

When Dana arrived, she immediately walked towards Haruto with a flirty smile. "Hi Ruto," she purred.

Haruto, as always, didn't even acknowledge her. But Junkyu, who was sitting next to Haruto, almost gagged at her antics. He used to feel bad because Haruto snubbed her, but now he's just disgusted by her. This girl has no shame.

"Stop playing hard to get. I know you want me," Dana said with a seductive smile.

"Someone get this ugly monkey away from me. It has a nasty stench, like a skank. It sounds like a dying cat too. I don't know how many animals were used to breed this hideous creature," Haruto had a disgusted look on his face.

Everyone who heard Haruto's remarks snickered.

"How dare you!" Dana was about to slap Haruto but was stopped by Junkyu, who grabbed her hand just as it was about to land on Haruto's face.

"Let go of me! Who do you think you are?" Dana struggled to get her hand off Junkyu.

"Who am I? I'm Haruto's boyfriend." Junkyu growled. "Who the hell do YOU think you are? Just because your family is rich doesn't mean you can just hit whoever you want."

Just then, Dana raised her other arm to hit Junkyu with the designer handbag that she was holding. Junkyu instinctively dropped Dana's hand to block the handbag. But Haruto immediately stood up to shield Junkyu with his body.

There was a crisp "pa" that resounded throughout the classroom. Even Dana was quite shocked when her handbag landed on Haruto's head.

"Are you okay?" worriedly checked Haruto's head.

Haruto just gave Junkyu a soft assuring smile before turning to Dana with a piercing glare. "Listen here you insufferable brat, I don't care whatever you do to me. But if you even try to lay a hand on Junkyu again. I'll make sure you and your family fall to the ground." Haruto's voice was dangerously low and laced with venom.

Junkyu was too worried about Haruto's head to even comprehend what Haruto said to Dana. He was staring at the side of Haruto's face that was hit which has now turned bright red.

"Lets go to the infirmary," Junkyu grabbed Haruto's hand and dragged him out of the classroom.

•♥•♥•♥•

At the infirmary, the doctor just finished assessing Haruto's face and determined that it's nothing serious. He gave Haruto an ice pack and told him to lie on the bed for a while. Junkyu, who was still worried sick about him, stayed by his side.

"Don't do that again next time," Haruto told Junkyu.

"Don't do what?" Junkyu frowned. Even though it was Dana whom he's angry at, Junkyu was also annoyed that Haruto got hurt protecting him. Thus when Haruto said those words, he snapped, "I should be the one saying that. Am I disabled? Can I not block her handbag on my own? On top of that couldn't you have blocked it with your hands? Why use your head?"

Haruto sighed. "I wanted her to hit me. I've been waiting for it. I needed enough evidence of her harassment so I could sue her and put a restraining order on her. Ever since I started suing, Asahi has been recording everytime Dana approaches me to gather evidence."

"Oh," was all Junkyu said. He understands why Haruto did that. But the fact that he got hurt still makes Junkyu's blood boil.

"So even though I'm grateful, please don't try to protect me again next time. I can defend myself quite well."

"So what am I supposed to do? Just let you get attacked?" Junkyu's face was scrunched up in annoyance. Even if he knew of Haruto's plan, he would still stop Dana from slapping him. There was no way he would let anyone hurt Haruto regardless if it was necessary or not.

"No, if that ever happens again, trust in me that I can defend myself. I've trained in hand to hand combat." Because of their background, all of the Japanese boys trained in hand to hand combat and weapons. It was a safety net in case people with bad intentions tried to attack them and their bodyguards were not around. "So don't put yourself at risk again."

"Don't put myself at risk my ass," Junkyu mockingly mumbled. He was still fuming and thus refused to listen to Haruto. "I don't want to hear someone who got himself deliberately hurt talking about not putting myself at risk."

"Junkyu..." Haruto was about to try and convince him but was shut up by Junkyu's glare. To be really honest, Haruto found it adorable. He looked like a cute kid acting all mad. But he knows Junkyu is really angry this time and decided to keep his mouth shut.

•♥•♥•♥•

JUNKYU AND JIHOON'S PRIVATE CONVERSATION

Ji: I thought you and Ruto called off the pretend boyfriend thing?

Kyu: We did.

Ji: Then what's with your declaration that he's your boyfriend earlier when you stopped Dana from slapping him?

Kyu: Oh right. I forgot about that.

Kyu: I got pissed because she tried to slap Ruto that I unconsciously blurted it out to shut her up.

Ji: Normally, I'd be against it...

Ji: But seeing Haruto protect you like that makes me feel like I could hand you over to him.

Ji: Your crush really knows just what to say.

Ji: Even my heart fluttered when he threatened Dana for you.

Kyu: What?

Kyu: He threatened Dana for me?

Ji: Are you deaf? Did you not hear what he said to Dana?

Kyu: No, I was too worried about Ruto and didn't hear.

Kyu: What did he say?

Ji: Oh, I suddenly forgot.

Kyu: Ji. I'm still annoyed.

Kyu: I'm not in the mood.

Kyu: So tell me now.

Ji: He said something along the lines of he doesn't care about what she does to him but if he tries to hurt you again, he will make her pay.

Kyu: Oh.