Part 21

"So in this context, this actually means 'to see' rather than 'look'." Junkyu was explaining to Asahi when he smelt something.

"Do you smell that?" Junkyu asked. "Something smells like it's burning."

Not long after, the fire alarm started beeping. They all went to the kitchen and saw Haruto holding a pan that is literally on fire.

Mashiho immediately took the fire extinguisher and put out the flame.

Everyone stared at Haruto who was frozen in his place. His face was covered with black smudges and eyes wide in panic. He looked very funny. Everyone was stunned and didn't know what to do or say. Especially Haruto's friends who've never seen him screw up anything. Suddenly, Yuta bursted out laughing. He immediately took out his phone and started taking pictures. Soon, everyone else started laughing and snickering.

"What cha' cookin' there chef?" Junkyu teased.

"I was trying to sauté garlic and onions."

"Garlic and onions!?!?!" Junkyu laughed. "How did you manage to burn the garlic and onions so bad that it caught on fire?"

"Because I was chopping on the side and I forgot about it." Haruto was feeling wronged. He wasn't so incompetent as to screw up sautéing. He just forgot about it, that's all.

Recently, they've all agreed that they can't keep eating out or ordering take out food. But none of them can cook. They had two options; either they hire a chef, or they learn how to cook. Everyone but Haruto wanted to hire a chef. Since Haruto is determined to experience a normal life, he convinced everyone that he will learn how to cook.

Haruto has helped cook porridge for disaster relief before and he found that it was quite easy. Therefore he was quite confident that he could learn how to cook easily. To be really honest, he was actually doing a good job. But a moment of negligence almost burnt the kitchen.

"So can we hire a chef now?" Yuta asked. "Or are we gonna wait until you completely burn the kitchen first?"

Haruto refused to respond and just glared at Yuta.

Just then, an idea popped into Junkyu's head. "You know Jaehyuk is a culinary student... He can teach you guys how to cook if you don't know how to."

"It's fine, we'll just hire a chef. We're already inconveniencing you guys. We don't want to bother him too," Haruto politely refused as he started cleaning himself and the mess he made.

'Oh he wants to be bothered,' Junkyu, Yedam, and Doyoung all thought.

"Then maybe you guys can hire him?" Junkyu suggested.

"He's a pretty good cook and he's looking for a part time job too," Yedam added. It was partly true. Jaehyuk is a good cook, but he isn't looking for a part time job. He doesn't need to. His family is quite well off. How else would they be able to afford to buy a house in this neighbourhood? But Yedam knows he'll do anything if it means he gets to flirt with Asahi.

"What do you guys think?" Haruto asked his friends.

"I'm fine with it if Jaehyuk is," Asahi responded.

"I'm fine with anyone as long as it's not you," Yuta snickered. Haruto threw the cloth that he was using to wipe the counter on Yuta.

"I'm fine with anything as long as I get food." Junghwan grumbled. It was almost dinner time and he could feel his stomach being empty. "What are we going to eat now?"

"How about we call Jaehyuk to cook as a trial and see if you guys like his cooking?" Junkyu suggested.

"Okay," everyone nodded in agreement.

•♥•♥•♥•

BANG KIM & PARK YOON (The Korean Group Chat)

Jae: I'd like to thank mama Kyu for giving me the opportunity to enter the residence of the Japanese gods.

Yedam: And we get paid good money too!

Yedam: Thanks Kyu~

Doyoung: Thank you kyu!

Woo: Have you guys watched the movie Parasite?

Jae: Of course. Who hasn't?

Woo: Well that's you guys.

Woo: Plotting your way in a rich household and leeching off them

Kyu: You're just jealous you can't get in.