Part 23

It has been a couple of weeks since the Korean boys started tutoring the  Japanese boys. Everyday, Haruto would pick Junkyu, Doyoung and Yedam just in time so that they can all have lunch at the Japanese residence before tutoring sessions.

"We're running out of ingredients. We're going to have to go grocery shopping tomorrow," Jaehyuk mentioned as they ate lunch together.

"We'll go tomorrow after they start tutoring," Haruto said.

"Oh can you please buy ingredients for samgyupsal?" Junghwan asked. "I'm craving samgyupsal so bad."

"Okay." Jaehyuk agreed and unconsciously glanced at Asahi who was quietly eating his food. There has been no improvement in their relationship since he started cooking for the Japanese boys. Jaehyuk can count the amount of times they've spoken on one hand. On top of that, whenever he tries to start a conversation, Asahi's short answers immediately ends it.

Jaehyuk was mindlessly poking his food as he thought of how he could get closer to Asahi. He's in the Japanese residence three times a day, sometimes he even hangs out with them to play. Yet he never has the chance to get closer to Asahi.

Suddenly, a piece of meat was placed on his plate.

"You shouldn't play with your food. Eat properly," Asahi said in broken Korean.

Jaehyuk's jaw dropped. He stared at Asahi as if he's grown another head. Even though Asahi's grammar was completely wrong, he understood what he was trying to say.

"Don't just stare at me. Eat. You cooked such good food. Don't let it go to waste."

But Jaehyuk was frozen in his spot. Asahi sighed as he took a piece of meat and placed it in Jaehyuk's mouth. "Do I have to help you chew too?"

Everyone at the dining table started snickering. Jaehyuk finally snapped out of his daze and turned beet red.

"Why'd you do that for?" Jaehyuk mumbled. But Asahi, who now knows more than just basic Korean, understood what he said.

"Your mouth was wide open. I thought you were asking to be fed." Asahi noticed that something was off with Jaehyuk's mood and got concerned. Even though they barely talk, he already considers Jaehyuk as his friend. Since he felt that they're not close enough for him to pry in his business, he decided to comfort him with food.

Everyone at the table laughed. Junkyu gave Asahi a thumb's up, "Your Korean is getting better! You're using the correct words now. We just have to fix your grammar."

Jaehyuk was ecstatic. But his mind was a mess. He could not believe Asahi just fed him. He was also feeling very shy and embarrassed so he just quietly nibbled on his food.

Seeing as Jaehyuk remained quiet rather than being his talkative and bubbly self, Asahi decided to keep comforting him by putting food on his plate and urging him to eat, and sometimes even feeding him like a child. This is what he does to appease Junghwan when he's sad or throwing a tantrum. Because it works on Junghwan who's the bubbliest in all of them, he was hoping it would work on Jaehyuk too.

Little did he know he was the reason Jaehyuk was being quiet. He kept making Jaehyuk speechless and sending his brain into overdrive.

•♥•♥•♥•

BANG KIM & PARK YOON (The Korean Group Chat)

Yedam: A moment of silence for Jaehyuk

Woo: Why what happened?

Doyoung: He's been K.O'ed by Asahi.

Doyoung: Not sure if he made it out alive.

Kyu: If he's somehow still alive after what happened during lunch, I'm sure he'll be dead after dinner.

Yedam: Why?

Kyu: Asahi just went down to help him cook dinner

Yedam: OHHHH

Yedam: I'm ending my tutoring session

Yedam: I'm coming downstairs.

Yedam: I need to watch this

Woo: What happened during lunch?

Woo: Someone fill me in!

Kyu: Asahi was placing food on his plate and feeding him.

Woo: .....

Woo: First Doyoung and Mashiho, now Jaehyuk and Asahi?

Woo: Someone get me in that house so I can seduce Haruto too!

Kyu: Not a chance.

Ji: We've been abandoned, woo.

Woo: ....

Woo: You were the first one to abandon us.