Part 75

Doyoung noticed that Junkyu wasn't like his regular self. He often spaced out and he just seemed out of it. He assumed he was just sulking since Haruto couldn't pick him up or drop him off. But as days passed by he realised something was wrong. So he decided to call Jihoon and inform him of his suspicion.

In turn, Jihoon immediately called Junkyu to ask him what was wrong. To which Junkyu just dismissively said nothing. Jihoon was about to scold Junkyu for keeping things to himself once more, but decided not to. He really shouldn't pressure Junkyu to tell him what's wrong if he wasn't ready. Still, Jihoon was worried about his friend so he decided to call Haruto. He thought Haruto might know, or might even be the cause based on what Doyoung told him.

Jihoon: "Ruto, did something happen between you and Junkyu?"

Haruto: "He told me to stay away from him."

Jihoon: "What? Why? I thought things were going well between you two?"

Haruto: "I thought so too... But I guess I was wrong." He then proceeded to tell Jihoon everything that happened.

Jihoon: "Are you okay?"

Haruto: "I guess."

Jihoon: "I'm sorry Haruto. If I didn't tell you to stop talking to Junkyu back then, this might never have happened."

Haruto: "It's not your fault. There was a huge chance that my plan wouldn't work. I also didn't want to risk holding him back and hurting him more if I failed."

Jihoon felt silent. Regardless if Haruto agreed with his reasoning or not, he still felt guilty. "So what are you going to do now?"

Haruto: "I'm planning to move to America."

"Wait what?" Jihoon raised his voice in shock. "Why?"

Haruto: "I need to start anew. I can't go back to Japan. I won't be able to live a normal life there. I can't stay here either. Everything will just remind me of Junkyu."

Jihoon: "That's it? After all you've done, you're not even going to fight for him? You're just going to give up and leave?"

Haruto: "I did fight for him. I've been fighting for him for the past three years."

Haruto: "For three years I've been carefully executing my plan just for a chance to be with him. You know this."

Haruto: "I'm tired Jihoon. I can't fight any more. He said he's happy without me. And his happiness is all I want."

•♥•♥•♥•

After Jihoon and Haruto ended their call, Jihoon rushed to Junkyu's house.

"Jihoon, what are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you." Jihoon answered. His tone was serious so Junkyu didn't hesitate and led him to his room.

"Tell me honestly, do you really have no feelings left for Haruto?" Jihoon bluntly asked. "Are you really happier without him?"

"Before you respond, I want you to think about this carefully and answer me truthfully. No bullshit. Don't try to act all tough in front of me."

Junkyu frowned at Jihoon's words. "Why does it matter?"

"It matters because you might be making the biggest mistake of your life."

"What are you talking about?"

"Just answer my question first. Tell me honestly. Are you really happier without him? You really don't have any feelings left for him?"

"I think I'll be happier without him." Junkyu responded. "But I may still have feelings for him."

"I thought so." Jihoon was relieved. "If you answered differently, I would never have told you this because Haruto doesn't want you to know."

"Tell me what?"

"Did you know that Haruto planned the abolishment of the monarchy?"

"What?"

"Three years ago, as soon as he put Cho Dohwan in jail and made arrangements to make sure you were safe, he went back to Japan to try and relinquish his title as crown prince."

"But as the only male heir, relinquishing his title is practically impossible. So he devised a plan to abolish the monarchy."

"Why would he do that?"

"Take a wild guess." Jihoon looked at him as if the reason was the most obvious thing in the world.

Junkyu wasn't stupid. He understood what Jihoon was implying and he refused to believe it. "There's no way."

"Before he left, he asked me to take care of you while he's gone. Then he told me that he plans to relinquish his title so that he can be with you. But then he said that there's a huge chance that he won't succeed. So he told me to try and make you forget about him should he fail."

"I was obviously against this because I felt like he would just be holding you back. Especially since there was a huge chance that he won't succeed. So I told him that maybe it's best if you guys don't keep contact just so the two of you don't hold each other back should his plans fail and he still cant be with you."

"For three years he worked hard just for a chance to be with you. Not just that. Even when he was in Japan, he kept investigating anything related to Cho Dohwan to keep adding charges and prolonging his sentence."

"That's not even all of it. He's done so much for you that you don't even know. That man is devoted to you. And you just straight up told him to stay away from you."

After hearing all of that, Junkyu started sobbing. "Oh my god what have I done?"

"Yeah, you screwed up big time." Jihoon sighed. "And Haruto actually decided to respect your decision."

"What decision?"

"You wanted him to stay away, so he will." Jihoon paused, "He's moving to America."

"What? Oh my god. What should I do?" Junkyu asked in panic.

"Fight for him. Haruto told me he was tired. He's been fighting for you for three years. So this time, you fight for him."